Sure's got eyecatching appeal for those paid ads down the right hand side - already seeing my page hits dwindle away.........

ABW Ambassador
    I agree!! The minute I saw the "new Google" my eyes went right to the paying sponsors on the right! They almost have half of the page now!!

ABW Ambassador
    I think the new look looks great, nice and clean.

ABW Ambassador
    NOOOOOOOOO!! What are those 2-3 froogle results doing up there distracting posible visitors?? This is not good for us!

ABW Ambassador
    That's not new, Froogle results have been showing for months depending on the search.

ABW Ambassador
    You sure 'bout that Trust? It's the first time I notice them on the terms I follow. Guess I wasn't paying to much attention then

I think the new Google will be confusing to people. Before, the paid ads on the right were in colored boxes, which allowed your eyes to ignore them and focus only on the results on the left side. Now, with just a vertical rule to separate them, I think people will find Google to be too congested. Too many things going on at one time, the lines of text don't line up, too many different text sizes, etc.

Plus, with the results Google is returning the past few months, I think this will encourage people to leave. When you make changes, you always lose a few devotees, because they won't like the changes. You may pick up a few as well, but with the results not being so hot lately, I feel most will likely stay with their former SE instead of moving over to Google. I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about the "new" Google.

Google needs to get its together!

Andy

Bad Google! Bad!

I think the paid sponsors will get most of the traffic, now.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Is anyone using Adwords getting an increase in traffic, clicks as a percentage of impressions.

This is the real acid test of how many visitors now follow the advertised listings as opposed to the normal SERPS.

Revenue from ads on search sites has leapt from about $100 million four years ago to more than $2 billion in 2003. "It's clear today that search is going to be a multibillion-dollar industry," said Marissa Mayer, director of consumer Web products at Google.

Interesting read here:
    http://www.ajc.com/business/content/.../28google.html

With its latest revisions, Mountain View-based Google appears to be grooming Froogle for a much bigger role in its business. Froogle has been operating as a separate site since Google launched the shopping service in December 2002.

Google's redesign gives Froogle one of the coveted links located just above its search box. To make room, Google dropped a tab formerly reserved for its list of directories. As it did before, Google's front page continues to feature prominent links to focus searches on "images," "groups" and "news."

Froogle attracted 472,000 unique visitors in February, placing it far behind the biggest shopping comparison sites, according to comScore Media Metrix, a research firm. Yahoo's shopping channel drew an audience of 19.7 million visitors in February and Shopping.com, which focuses exclusively on product comparison, attracted 17.2 million visitors, comScore said.

The links above Google's search box are powerful magnets. For instance, Google's "images" link attracted 14.2 million visitors last month, comScore said. Google's total audience exceeded 61 million last month.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ogle_changes_1

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Is anyone using Adwords getting an increase in traffic, clicks as a percentage of impressions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm not. Today's results are about the same as they have been every other Monday this month.

ABW Ambassador
    Same here, adword traffic is normal.

As far as Froogle goes, when it first came out there were all kinds of Affiliate Killer posts and back then i saw it as an oppurtunity for affiliates that do PPC.

Product search is very targetted.
    Example:
    Someone searches for a JVC XV80 DVD Changer in Froogle have an Adwords ad saying Deals On JVC DVD Changers.
    High click thru rate, high conversion. And since products are very targetted, plenty of nickel clicks.

Really don't know how the public is going to take to froogle. A bit slicker then the earlier version but still a way to go.

Had a play with earlier and found if I was looking for brand name electrical products or something specific it could be useful, but when it came to fashion, jewelry and other individual taste items I gave up.

Guess we'll see how the public takes to it in a couple of months.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread