In the latest round of Google shuffling around their ranking formula I have lost almost every top spot that I used to have. I went from having the top spots to about 60 or 70 deep. I was using link farming among my own sites that used to work great. Can anyone tell me how they go about punishing these sites? Is it by domain name, ip address, nameservers, owners name? Can I just re-create my sites with a new name and leave them off of link farms or are they blacklisted from the ip address or something else? If anyone knows how they are working it, I would appreciote the advice.

normally it would be by domain name.
    dave

How do you know you were punished or dropped? Could be things considered more important just moved up. What do the pages now in your spots have in common?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Quit trying to make sense of the Google listings this month lol. There is none

Its not that they are dropping affiliate sites, it is that they have decided to rank them differently. The top sites now are affiliate sites, but only have a pr1. I dont get it.

Also, I have had many of my sites copied by others and put in their affiliate numbers. They now have a better position than I do. Go figure.

Counting links to determine page rank became useless when everyone started exchanging links. I think now they are just trying to keep changing the way they rank everything so often that you can't possibly figure out a way to optimize your pages. They hope we will eventually give up and go home.

I don't know what Google is trying to do, but they've created a real mess in the process. In order to be objective, I've always checked on keywords and key phrases that aren't applicable to my sites.

When I see useless spammy sites using doorway pages move to the top, and other sites, which provide superior information, that were once ranked high drop so low an average surfer would never find them, there's a problem.

Google lacks relevancy lately, and it seems they aren't sure what to do to get it back. In the meantime, traffic from other SEs is increasing, which tells me people are going elsewhere. Google may never get them back.

Google needs to fix their SERPs. Quickly.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I don't know what Google is trying to do, but they've created a real mess in the process. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, and they are making it all that much EASIER for Yahoo! to wipe them off the face of the earth in the process. They probably don't even see it coming .

Oh well...Maybe they can save face with a new "oogle" name that better reflects their new position on search relevence .

Spoogle would be a good name for them right about now .

All I seem to get from Google lately is spam and highly crappy sites, plus a TON of "slightly relevent" results returned . Anything dead balls relevant to my search is TOTALLY GONE from Google now . So sad .

Oh well, where one door closes , another always seems to open up a little further down the road .

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Question is how do we get pages indexed by Yahoo.

I have quite a few indexed on my two older sites but not much in yet for my newer sites

Yahoo Free URL Submit, just like I did last month Jack

I'm seeing great new traffic from Yahoo.

Malc
    Adverts

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread