hmm checked my web logs for March, seems like I got over 50% more traffic with yahoo then I did with google. yahoo to me is killing google with more accurate listings. I'v been noticing that googles results are not accurate a lot of the time based on my web logs. I don't know what do you all think? are you getting more traffic with yahoo then google for March?

Yes Yahoo has been very good to us lately as well. I also think that their search results have been stabilizing the past week. For one of my search terms, I was ranked #1. I checked back later that day, and I disappeared! From what I've seen this past week, yahoo has been producing consistent search results so it looks like things have settled nicely.

Yahoo listings are good but new things/changes are not showing up from a month ago.

Just Lurking
    I was using Yahoo today. They're kicking ass when it comes to relevancy. Google needs to get their act together. Before July?
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!

See SandraR thread in the Midnight Cafe / Engine Traffic Today. Yahoo is the big dog now.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

I agree! I installed the yahoo toolbar so I could check my listings easier but quickly noticed that it was actually delivering more relevant results!

I was more than a little surprised by that. Google has been trying too hard to eliminate spammy listings by adding a ton of new rules to the algo. All these rules are catching the most useful sites as well.

Google still sends me a lot more traffic that Y! but as a user I am starting to prefer Yahoo.

One thing about yahoo though, their spider is not nearly as robust as Google's. I added a large datafeed site which googlebot picked up within a week and I'm still waiting on slurp.

ABW Ambassador
    I got 5.5X as much traffic from Google compared to Yahoo.

Google seems pretty relevant to me.

When Yahoo first indexed my site my rankings for major keywords were a little better than Googles. But, since then Yahoo fell way behind in delivering traffic. Originally, Yahoo was second to Google and has now fallen behind MSN, AOL as search engine traffic goes. Luckily over 14% of my traffic is coming from bookmarks and direct URL entries. Despite the fall in Yahoo traffic overall traffic continues to climb steadily.
    ~Ernie

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread