Hi All

I am working with a datafeed and I am wondering what is the best way to optimize the pages
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Make sure you have each product listed on a category page, as well as have one page dedicated to a single product so you can optimize for the product name.
    <LI>Make sure every product page has at least two backlinks, using the keywords in your anchor text
    <LI>Make sure you mention the product title in the HTML tags that search engines rate as relevant (title, meta, H1, H2, bold, italicized, alt, p)[/list]

have fun!

Thanks Kitten

I am aware of what I need to do to optimize my pages but I need to know how to do it with a datafeed. Without manually optimizing each page.

PHP Asp etc
    webmerge or other feed tools
    read the datafeed forum
    if you have to ask you havent read enough

btw, sent you a PM
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Hi Sophist,
    Regardless of what programming language you're using (asp,php), you should be able to have one page that pulls all items specific to a category, and one page that will pull a product. Ex:
    category.asp
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>category.asp?cat=1 this will pull your 1st category
    <LI>category.asp?cat=2 this will pull your 2nd category[/list]
    product.asp
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>product.asp?prod=1 this will pull the 1sts product in the database...you get the idea.[/list]

Hope this helps!

ABW Ambassador
    Optimization - real optimization that is - involves manual labour. That's all I'm saying.

indeed... the question is, do you want to invest all your manual labor up front for a completely-optimized data-driven site, or manually create html pages on a regular basis. If Sophist is trying to work with datafeeds, I wouldn't discourage that! If you're going to be pushing tons of products, its much easier to create a solid dynamic architecture that will automatically optimize any product you upload to the database.

ABW Ambassador
    I'd agree that a strong site architecture will contribute heavily to ranking success for pages, but you leave yourself open to algo shifts if all you do is this, plus a few h1, title and bold tags that mention the product name. This isn't SEO in my book - well, it isn't good SEO at any rate.

Well, there are certain things that need to be repeated in titles, keywords, headings, subheadings and so forth on each page. I just add these for the page to my datafeed and insert them in the appropriate place in the pages.

For instance, if you have ten pages of widgets, you need the word widgets on all ten pages. Then, you need sub-headings, blue, red, gold ect. on each relevant page. It isn't hard to insert these words where needed. But, you do have to manipulate the data feeds to do it. there is no such thing as free lunch. You must do SOME work, even with data feeds.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I agree that real optimization is real hard work. I have a content site that is 75 pages and every page is optimized for its particular topic.

I am still trying to get my datafeed site to work so optimizing is a bit off.

Anyone here use or heard of Site Sell?
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I am curious what more is to SEO than optimizing h1 title and repeating keyphrases on your page

It never hurts to ask, right?

It seems to me that there are two things in SEO:

Content : keywords, phrases, organization, html, repetition

Links : Internal, External, PR, Alexa Ranking, Anchor Text, theme

But simplifying like that is like saying that there is only wood and strings to a guitar... It is not what makes up SEO is what music you play and how you play.

(Disclaimer) I am not a good SEO player

I personally think SEO is not all that big of a deal. I don't mean any offense to MarkyMark or any other SEO but I've seen non-pros make some pretty good headway simply by doing the basics of anchor text, unique content, keyword targeting, writting style, H1's and bolds, keyword ratio's, proper linking from external sites and setting up good navigation systems.

I am willing to go out on a limb and say without a doubt there is nothing more to it than that.

ABW Ambassador
    SEO analogy time:

A smart businessperson does not open a Starbuck's franchise in Seattle. The market's just a little saturated.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am curious what more is to SEO than optimizing h1 title and repeating keyphrases on your page
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, as engines become "smarter", they are starting to take other factors into account, like what kind of outgoing links are on a page, etc.

In fact, I'm in the processs now of developing a system that will allow me to have pages that automatically search for and find the best sites that are relevent to the subject/content of that page and insert a link/snippet to 3-4 of those sites on thayt page using SSI.

Erik

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread