ABW Ambassador
    So we just recently had a PR update a couple of weeks ago on Google. Appearently this was the first one in over two months from what I've heard somewhere on here, and usually they come around monthly. At least that's what I've gathered. Does this seem accurate to you guys? And is deep crawling on a different timeline? Is PR updated around the same time for everyone while deepcrawling occurs whenever?

I'm just wondering if anyone can shed a little insight. I'm just trying to optimize and get some links quickly because if it is back to a monthly thing then another PR update should be coming soon. Also, has anyone seen how yahoo might be doing things now? I just recently had a site deepcrawled on google and yahoo, and I think it was around the same time period.

Any thoughts on all of this?
    I forgot what I was doing.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi bpal,

Basically, it just doesn't matter....all of the majors are spidering all the time now. Get your links in and your optimizing done as soon as you can and they will get there.

The major thing you need to remember is this isn't a 100 yard dash....it's a marathon. While getting a PR4 today may be a short term goal, the few visitors you will get just don't matter in the big scheme....it's the thousands you will gain in the future due to continual optimizing and getting dozens or hundreds of good related backlinks over the course of time that will determine your ultimate success.

http and a telephoto
    Yup, spiders are steady visitors these days, with some days heavy on yahoo, and the inktomi spider is still visiting, what's up with that? There doesn't appear to be any type of schedule at the present time.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

for some reason yahoo and other engines don't come around my sites often and when they do they just grab robots.txt or a single page.

google traffic is steadily declining as well, half my page requests is the google bot daily :P

My budget is drying up, gonna renew my domains and hosting and cross my fingers while I tweak what I have.

It started out good with traffic growing monthly until the mid march google changes.. and no luck with the other engines at all yet.

*sigh*

ABW Ambassador
    Do you have a lot of good inbound links, Canadian eh?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I feel your pain Canadian. I experienced the same on 5/6 of my sites. A lot of the posts I've seen just say to give it time but it's been almost a month already.

And before anyone says to get more links in, I want to remind you that the sites were ranking fine before with links in they had

define good inbound link. high pr? good anchor? similar theme? all of the above isn't easy to find, especially for my mall site.

I spent a bit of time doing the link exchange thing but a couple months later pruning that hand made list(link taken down or links page missing on other site) was just a pain in the butt. I've frozen it to a handful of recip links and have a few directory listings(no dmoz)for inbounds.

How do you find related content if your site covers much of the topic at hand? The sites I could add I plan to add similar features sometime in the future when I become a php/mysql guru.

I just want to know how to get msn and yahoo to visit my site as much as google bot does because right now google is checking every one of the pages on one of my sites every single day.

and jackson I was checking out your links in sig, on the clothing to go site the first thing I notice is a large nostril

ABW Ambassador
    Links can be a pain sometimes. I just type something similar into google and then check all the backwards links of those sites, maybe play around in the sites link directories a bit, maybe do a search for keyword link exchange, or keyword add url, etc. I'm thinking of digging into dmoz a little to find similar themes with their directory structure hoping that that will help.

Any thoughts on all of this or better strategies? It can be hard and a pain to get good links, but it's something I really need to work more on. It's one of the things that I ignore most and I don't see a point in building a ton more websites until the ones that I have are doing better.

Affiliate Manager
    To be honest, I don't think that it matters if your links are coming from similar type websites, or not.
    I just get links from any websites that are willing to exchange links.
    Thomas Burgemeister - Affiliate Manager
    affiliates@LensWorld.com - 425-372-3471
    LensWorld.com: 10% commission, 120 return days, parasite free - Sign up at <a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=20626">ShareASale</a>.

If your getting links, I recommend you getting link exchanges with sites that are getting traffic. That way they can funnel some traffic to you too. Not just push you up the SEs.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

But do you know why this failing in actually crawling the site happens?

Googlebot comes to our main site between 4 or 5 times each day, and most of the time it only gets robots.txt, and off he goes.

Obviously "robots.txt" isn't disallowing anything that it shouldn't (other bots are spidering properly), and yet Googlebot stalls there and avoids indexing the rest of the site.

Any clues of that to do regarding this? Any tips on how to help the spider on coming along? (Besides the obvious on trying to get more and more quality incoming links).

Thanks for your time and help.

Regards,

Iván
    Maxoderm
    Maxoderm Affiliate

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> (Besides the obvious on trying to get more and more quality incoming links). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the answer, I'm afraid. Though I do suggest you try to get into sites that you know are crawled daily by Googlebot, if you haven't already. Yahoo and Dmoz are the two most obvious. But you can find hundreds of others just by looking at the SERPs for your keywords. Try to get links from as many sites with a date by the listing as possible. That will mean Googlebot comes by more often and will most likely spider more deeply.

Does anyone use linkateer.com to get link partners?

Jim

This link selling and spamming has ben caught onto by Google. I think they are checking for sites that link back and forth to each other and discounting those links big time.

Better to offer something that people want and get them talking about it and adding your links to forums and their websites as a help to others.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread