Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I just got a PR update and recently a little deep crawling. Seems like google is going at it right now. Anyone else seeing this?
    I forgot what I was doing.

Yup, 2 sites just bumped up 1 PR each from this morning Looks like the dance is on too.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Looking good with some new sites and an old one got bumped up 1 pr.

ABW Ambassador
    Yup, got some PR for a couple of new sites. Don't dare look at SERPs yet - too much work to do and it will just use up time. I'll wait on the 'what's happened' and 'mark, you're a genius' phonecalls to decide whether it's been a good one or a bad one.

Got a bump here too.(Could use a few more bumps.)

ABW Ambassador
    I had a few sites go up a point and another go from zero to three. Still not much in the serps though I don't think. I figure I'll wait it out and see what lands where when the dance is over. Glad to hear that it's dancing, I was hoping for it, but didn't notice it.

ABW Ambassador
    Despite my claim that I wouldn't look at the SERPs, I have. I can't see a dance. And if I can't see it, it doesn't exist I am pleased, however, that one of my clients has finally got the PR6 they should really have a month or two ago. About time, Google.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, if there is no dance, I just hope that it takes a little bit before the PR update is reflected in the serps.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't even know what is an actual dance nowadays with GoogleGuy saying this year to expect daily/weekly updating. If there is a major reshuffling of the index you'll see it at http://www.webmasterworld.com and it'll have a name like Update Austin or Update Brandy, then it's official. But right now i see constant reshuffing and adding of pages. I did notice the backlinks for my sites increased. Don't know if that happened today too, i hardly check anymore.

I just checked and my mall is back to pr3 from pr2.. which was pr4 to begin with :P

my site I launched like 2 weeks ago has pr4 already and my precious.. my first site index hit pr6 and sub pages pr5.

now only if good page rank meant getting traffic from other than the google bots :P

I've got a weird thing happening. All of my pages including the index have the same pr.

ABW Ambassador
    I think that has happened on at least one of my sites as well.

I didn't drop PR (still a 5) but I lost about a dozen backward links!

All my sites went up for a change!

I hit 7!.

If only PR had the weight it used to.

John
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeamPB:
    If only PR had the weight it used to. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No kidding! My 'first' site (6 years old) just hit PR 6! It's been at 5 for 2 years (very niche portal for my 'old' job) Woot! 7 here I come!

my web page got PR and all pages on this site got PR. But google only added home and links page... i have pages with pr but not indexed by google, how?
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

ABW Ambassador
    It seems like most sites got a bonus page rank point this month. It probably doesn't do us much good though.

By the way. I thought I read here (about a week ago) about how Google was dumping all the affiliate sites and Google is irrelevant.

I really don't know why some people are so excited about PR. From what I can see, (mind you I'm no bloody expert by a long shot but), google is showing as many if not more sites in the first page of most searches with no bloody PR at all than sites with say 5 or over.

If any of you clever SE guys has an explanation for this I would be interested to hear it please.

It seems to me that on one hand they are telling you hey you have a very relevant site for widgets we'll give you a PR6, the only problem is we cannot fit you on the first page of a search as that is reserved for sites that are not as relevant as yours and therefore have a lower PR. The mind boggles
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

kinda strange,
    my Newest site now has a PR of 3.
    It is still a work in progress, no Content what so ever, only affiliate links.

only 1 backlink to my PR 5 site.

dmoz.org went to PR 10 - that may explain dmoz (dmoz.org not dmoz.com, it's still a 7) listed web sites getting a bump from the dmoz PR

ABW Ambassador
    One of my goals for this year is PR7 on a new community site I just set up. It just jumped from PR1-PR5 today.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

weisinator,
    when you say community, do you mean message boards ala ABW?

What is your revenue source on a message board? banner ads and google adsense? Does google let you put adsense on message boards?

I have often thought of a message board for my biggest site (cowboy collector's site) but haven't taken the plunge. Are there any boards you recommend or did you CREATE the board yourself!

good luck on the PR 7!

Animal Lover
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>my Newest site now has a PR of 3.
    It is still a work in progress, no Content what so ever, only affiliate links.

only 1 backlink to my PR 5 site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah imagine my pleasant surprise when my newest site went from 0 to a 5!! I was expecting the usual 3 but a 5! The only link in was from one of my older sites with a PR of 6...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I really don't know why some people are so excited about PR. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the excitement is more like when you get awarded for all that effort you put in ie you get patted on the back by the great google...that's enough to give me a glow! I think it's just an ego trip...

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think the excitement is more like when you get awarded for all that effort you put in ie you get patted on the back by the great google...that's enough to give me a glow! I think it's just an ego trip...

Oscar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to reply and say "who cares what your PR is if your traffic does not go up?" and then I looked at my favorite site and it's a 6...... and it did make me smile.

Sometimes I think I'm my own worst enemy.

Pr went up for quite a few pages

Just gotta wait and see now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast