Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hey:
    I have been sending emails to affiliates thru the CJ email tab which ends up on "your" CJ email accounts.... Do you guys read those at all?????

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com
    The #1 Source for FREE Catalogs!!
    http://affiliates.catalogs.com
    AOL: Marifer006
    MSN: NanaVergara
    Yahoo: maria_maria_s
    eMail: Marifer@catalogs.com
    Tel: 954-659-9005

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Great question Marifer. I would like to know too.

I send pay to send my monthly Irvs newsletter to be sure it goes out to as many personal in boxes as possible, since it always has important info about new tools, coupon codes, etc. But quick updates I send through CJ mail and always wonder if anyone reads them.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans

I read them when I think about it. Don't always remember to check them though.

"Advertising is the most fun you can have with your clothes on."
    Jerry Della Femina

Yes, I check for new messages on CJ and read or delete them daily.

Yup, once every few days.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Affiliate Manager
    I think alot of people are going to say they read them but actually don't It amazes me how many times I send out news about something using the CJ mail system and 2 days later someone emails me with questions that were just answered in my newsletter.

I know I am guilty of it many times myself as an affiliate and know there are others that do it...

Check off all the boxes in your mailbox and then click the delete button without even reading any of them.

I think out of sending 5 emails to each of my 5,000 affiliates I got back 2 replies

To Good Health & Wellbeing,

Chet Brzezinski
    eVitamins Affiliate Manager
    http://www.eVitamins.com

I logged in the other day and saw that a company terminated me a month and a half ago

Which brings me to why are termination notices being sent to that box instead of our real addys? Kinda silly to me.

The frequency I check my CJ Mail can easily be classified as less than negligible.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Haven't checked my CJ e-mail box in 5 months. When I do I'll delete every message as all tips seem to be directed at the couponers and limited time specials. Bunches of deactivation notices -recruiting pleas to outside network migrations. I'll check back here to see if anyone thinks there is daily value in this private merchant notification system. I just see it as merchant spin for web space.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    CJ has mail?

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

quote:
    Which brings me to why are termination notices being sent to that box instead of our real addys?

because then they can use a simple template that brings no real explanation.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

I check them every day and they are usually copies of what i read in my real inbox i just delete them half the time

------------------------------
    parasites = no money
    no parasites = money
    money is the choice im making i will see you there!!

ABW Ambassador
    I never check CJ mail.

IamJaloppy

I always forget to check it, sometimes I go more than a month without checking it.

It would be a good idea for CJ to highlight the link "Mail" to yellow (or any bright color) if we have new mail - I'll bet this way a lot more people will read it.

I check my CJ mail at least once every day.

All the little check boxes are checked on all my merchants everywhere I can find. I also have 2 email addresses in my mail settings with every box checked to receive emails for Advertiser, Network Announcements, Legal Annoucements, Publisher Newsletter, Educational/Advice, Promotional Offers. I never receive any emails for any of the above to either email address. But I know they do work for CJ because I receive emails from merchants wanting me to sign up on their program and lately, emails from CJ saying that I have deactivated merchants.

Marifer, if you've sent anything to CJ mail recently, I haven't received it.

Linda/Catalyst, I don't think I have ever received a newsletter for Irv's in CJ mail or in my email box. The only time I've seen them is when you post a link to them on ABW.

As I receive a plethora of SPAM I have elected to only receive mail from a merchant by the source.

If you really want me to see your promotions or review your changes I open CJ twice a day to view the email same with LinkShare; wish Peformics and Befree did the same.

By utilizing the email provided I can eliminate possible SPAM, and get to the recourses I am seeking.

For those of you that avoid Network mail I wonder why you want to filter accidentally or otherwise Possible Opportunities.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I look at it every day, but I only read the messages from the merchants I am already affiliated with.

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow gifts and collectibles

CJ mail!
    A bunch of begging letters from their latest new loser programs!

I don't think the merchants read it either since they rarely answer an inquiry sent to them that way.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

quote:
    For those of you that avoid Network mail I wonder why you want to filter accidentally or otherwise Possible Opportunities.

As if we don't have enough to do we should worry about a missed opportunity from CJ mail. There are so many opportunities already on my to do list that I guess I won't lose any sleep over this one.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    Check it every day, every time i login to check stats. I like being kept up to date on things.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Linda I send the newsletter every month and it always has important info to help yo guys make sales. No fluff - just the facts.

Thanks for letting know you have never gotten it. I have seen other posts from merchants and affiliates that seem to think there is a problem and CJ mail does not always go through. I also wonder how much of it gets caught in SPAM filters because it has the big CJ disclaimer and opt-out paragraph at the bottom.

Sometimes I even send important ones through the CJ paid mail AND the CJ internal mail just to try to be double sure that parters will get it. But I know alot of people don't either get it or read it. I put info and a link to our free private feed in every single issue and constantly get emails asking me how to get the feed.

I wonder if CJ is on some black hole lists and blocked by some ISPs. Hmmmmmmm I'll have to check that out. Out of over 2,000 only about 700 get opened according to CJ tracking.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans

Taking ojmoo & Ssanf's comments together makes an interesting point ... I only read e-mails from merchants I am interested in actively pushing. But it is disheartening when I reply to one of those e-mails and don't get a response. It makes it seem that the AM doesn't take it seriously. Of course, if they don't take it seriously, then why should we?

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

I check mine every day or two.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Hi,

I'm a merchant and I check mine every day. I also send out emails asking my affiliates to please give me their personal addresses if they would like to receive updates and new information that way but no one responds. I have about 10 addresses of affiliates that I email direct out of CJ mail. The rest usually wind up with expired information on their pages because they aren't checking the mail. I wish more would check because it would benefit both of us. Just my 2 cents...

Theresa
    SeaEagle.com
    Affiliate Manager

As an affiliate, I thought I was the only one who didn't read the CJ email on a regular basis. As an AM, I do check my email every other day. I want to be able to communicate with affiliates on a regular and easy way and I don't really know if paying the fee to mail directly works. We don't get a campaing report!!

What is the best way to get in touch with affiliates???? Please enlighten me!!!

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com
    The #1 Source for FREE Catalogs!!
    http://affiliates.catalogs.com
    AOL: Marifer006
    MSN: NanaVergara
    Yahoo: maria_maria_s
    eMail: Marifer@catalogs.com
    Tel: 954-659-9005

I check every 2 or 3 weeks, when I think of it. The few times I've replied to one I don't think anyone noticed. Pretty much a waste of time, I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast