ABW Ambassador
    At least they're supposed too, but i think the pages you paid to get most likely will stay in. From what i've been seeing Yahoo is crawling and indexing just fine.

Do you know anything about the new PFI system? I heard they were going to start charging for clicks after you do your PFI. It sounded like a really bad deal when I first heard about it, but I haven't heard anything since.
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Sitematch, i think its a rip off because besides paying for url inclusion, paying per click on top of that. Especially since Yahoo is crawling and indexing for free, just need to get some links in.

URL Submission (non-refundable annual fee, per domain)
    First URL: $49
    Next 2-10 URLs: $29 each
    11th URL and beyond: $10 each
    Cost-Per-Click Fee
    Tier 1 Categories: 15 cents a click
    Adult
    Automotive
    Books
    Computers & Software
    Dating
    Education & Career
    Jewelry & Watches
    Music & Video
    Office
    Other
    Reference
    Sports & Outdoors
    Toys & Baby Equipment

Tier 2 Categories: 30 cents a click
    Apparel
    Electronics
    Financial Services
    Flowers, Gifts & Registry
    Health, Beauty & Personal Care
    Home & Garden
    Professional Services
    Real Estate
    Telecom & Web Services
    Travel

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Personally, I give their little system about a six month life expectancy. I just don't believe they are going to stick with this structure.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this whole system was thought up by some bozo at Overture, it sounds like something they would do. Completely unrealistic pricing.

I bet they try lowering the per click cost, then abandon it, and raise the inclusion cost to, like $200 per site per year.

I also think they would be better off to sell Inktomi to MSN while it still holds value. Who the heck is going to pay for inclusion in Inktomi next year if it doesn't get you into one of the big three, Google, Yahoo or MSN?
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

God, I should have done it when it was only $35 flat. And to think I was actually considering investing some money in this. Thanks to Yahoo it's out of the question at this point. I'll just keep working on my links.

Any idea how long it takes Yahoo to start indexing new domains? I'm going on 4 months with one of my sites and Yahoo has yet to offer me a deep crawl. I've got several high PR links going in and more every week. I see the Slurp come visit me maybe once or twice a week. My large content site has been getting hit over 1000/day, but that site's been online since `97, so it's to be expected.

I guess I'm just getting a little impatient.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    "Who the heck is going to pay for inclusion in Inktomi next year if it doesn't get you into one of the big three, Google, Yahoo or MSN?"

You can't pay for inclusion anymore in Inktomi, it's been transitioned into SiteMatch. The pages you did pay to get in will continue to show in MSN/INK. As far as Inktomi, owned by Yahoo but still being used my MSN, Yahoo has said that they're going to let INK die as a brand.

I don't know how long it takes Yahoo to get new domains, it picked up my forum in just a week. I run the forum on its own and link to it from one of my sites. Some people have had no problems getting new sites into Yahoo, some have. The only thing you can do is just get links in and be patient.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Why does it still show as Yahoo Slurp? This still makes it look like it's a part of inktomi

I received a survey quite some time ago from Yahoo concerning whether or not I would pay for a system set up very similar to how site match is set up - I basically said no way.

The whole thing reminds me of Looksmart. (and thats someone you don't want compared to)
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

This the 'screaming' email that I got from infospider.com/altavista. I used their service last year...

----------------------

ATTENTION ALTAVISTA PAID INCLUSION MEMBERS. BEGINNING APRIL 16TH, YAHOO WILL “DROP” INKTOMI’S PAID INCLUSION LISTINGS IN THE YAHOO SEARCH RESULTS. IF YOUR URL DISAPPEARS FROM YAHOO’S SEARCH RESULTS, YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER JOINING THE NEW YAHOO/OVERTURE SITE MATCH INCLUSION PROGRAM THROUGH WWW.INFOSPIDER.COM. YAHOO WILL BE EXCLUSIVELY USING THEIR OWN SEARCH ALGORITHM FOR INDEXING URLS AND DISPLAYING THE RESULTS THROUGH YAHOO’S ENTIRE GLOBAL DATABASE . IF YOU ARE NOT ALREADY A YAHOO SITE MATCH MEMBER, PLEASE GO TO WWW.INFOSPIDER.COM AND SIGN-UP.

----------------------

I hate it, and they send it just yesterday...

Save your money. I liken this to blackmail. If sites that don't pay to be listed aren't listed, the SERPs will be poor and people will go elsewhere.

Most searchers don't know or care if a site has paid to be listed, they just want to find what they're looking for. Not listing sites that don't pay eliminates a lot of really great sites. You might be difficult to find for a while, but I don't think this will last long. It's a stupid idea.

Andy

Oboy! We need deep pockets to keep up with the SE submittals.

I joined recently Lyco's Insite, Fast/inkt submittal, serveral pages. Never could get listed in AltaVista, which used to be my best traffic maker. So I paid for One url thru The AltaVista Infospider and today I get the SCREAMING (ALL CAPS) telling me I have to use overture sitematch to continue my listing in Yahoo, which just started sending me traffic.

I don't like the pay per click and submittal fee policy, actually can't afford it, and even if I could don't think I want to use them, just for the Gouging principal they use.

Heck I got better results when it used to all be free...

Not only is the fees outragious for SE. That $49.99 per URL is for 1 page only in your url. It's a page specific process, they mislead in my opinion, they don't follow the links within the url either..

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure if you know this but Altavista and AllTheWeb are using Yahoo's index. Yahoo owns them both and they are all the same now.

I started a thread a while ago at Yahoo & Overture Match.

Have a look if you want,

Cheers,

Malc
    Adverts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snib:
    God, I should have done it when it was only $35 flat. And to think I was actually considering investing some money in this. Thanks to Yahoo it's out of the question at this point. I'll just keep working on my links.

Any idea how long it takes Yahoo to start indexing new domains? I'm going on 4 months with one of my sites and Yahoo has yet to offer me a deep crawl. I've got several high PR links going in and more every week. I see the Slurp come visit me maybe once or twice a week. My large content site has been getting hit over 1000/day, but that site's been online since `97, so it's to be expected.

I guess I'm just getting a little impatient.

- Scott <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest getting yourself in directories that Ink crawls on a regular basis. You will have a much better chance of getting a deep crawl by Ink.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread