I submitted my website to some of the major SE's a little while ago. And now i'm in the process of making new websites. I was wondering if I should be doing something on my website I submitted, while waiting for it to get indexed? I've been getting a few link exchanges and optimizing a little bit. Just wondering if there is anything else I should be doing right now on that site? Thank you.

Hi Adam,

I would simply double check your tags making sure there all clean with no runaway characters and such, then wait for the engines to take care the rest as it sometimes takes a while.

Best of luck in your ventures,

Kevin- GO WIRELESS
    BARGAIN CELLULAR, Now You're Talking!
    http://www.bargaincellular.net

ABW Ambassador
    My guess would be get more links. A lot of good links with good anchor text.
    I forgot what I was doing.

Ok thank you. Do you suggest just finding any website that would add your link, or should I be finding sites similar to the theme of my own site to do link exchanges? Thank you.

ABW Ambassador
    Different people have different theories on the matter, and I'm still new at this. My way of doing things could be wrong, but I try for a similar theme. Sometimes I think I might go for others though. I guess it depends on how bad you need the links, and if it's a good site. Just remember, the higher the PR with the less amount of links already on the page, the better. I find linking to be the biggest pain about all of this, but probably one of the most important... something that you have to keep up with and never really stopp doing. Once you stop, you could fall behind. Then again, like I said, my advice might not be the best since I'm still kind of new at this myself.
    I forgot what I was doing.

validate your html to make sure you don't get penalized. u don't want to start in the hole.

http://validator.w3.org/checklink

Ok thank. I have one other question. How do I know when my page gets indexed in the SE's. Do you just type in your URL or do you have to find it by searching for your keywords? Thanks.

I normally go to Google etc and type in a phrase that is unique to my site, like my copyright statement or just my site name, gives me a quick approx. guide to what pages the SE have fully indexed as the copyright statement is on every single page of my site.

Malc
    Adverts

Yeah I know googlebot has visited my site on the first day I submitted it to the SE's. Also some other spiders have already been there. I'll just have to keep checking. Thanks.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread