I have exchanged links with about 20 different sites with various PRs using linkateer.com. When I check my backlinks on Google, only 1 site shows up and it is not one of the 20. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jim

It can take weeks for all of the backlinks to be crawled and indexed by Google. For some reason it takes longer for backlinks to be listed than regular site listings do.

I agree, I'm still waiting for Google to index my link~backs on several of my pages across my advertising network. I'm also starting to narrow things down to categorized links, something I didn't do in the past.

Thanks,
    Kevin- Go Wireless
    BARGAIN CELLULAR
    Now Your Talking!
    http://www.bargaincellular.net

ABW Ambassador
    If you do a check with "link:mydomain.com/mypage.html", the backlinks might not show up if the PR of the other site is not a PR4 or above.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Never use the links:mydomain.com command as it is very misleading. Use +domainname.com instead

http and a telephoto
    WOW, that's all I've got to say about +domainname.com WOW, there are links to my site from sites I have never heard of, that I have never visited, and never plan to visit! At least the links I did visit looked legit, even a site that is in another thread has cleaned up it's links, at least to amazon...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, thanks for posting that command. I never heard of it before. Great way to check on who is linking to you - some of which I never heard of before.

As far as why links may not appear in your backlink list using the conventional "link" command, I suspect Google filters out backward links from a) sites that stink (like those searchfeed type sites) b) from pages/sites that are completely off topic c)pages on sites that have less than PR4 and d)Google also seems to filter out many reciprocal links anymore, too.

Just a thought to chew on.

Edit : It should be noted that the +domain.com command only lists links to your site that have the domain name included in the link title or somehwhere on the webpage itself. You won't see links that point to your site that use non-domain words, which for me at least is very frequent.

I went there and found over 4k links with my domainname.com.

I clicked about 40 links in random order.

The good news: Now I know where those extra visitors go to my site.

The bad news: Now I know why many of those visitors don't generate sales after visiting those targeted pages.

Now I don't now if I should be happy for finding over 4k sites with a link back to my products pages or really MAD for finding out that on some of those sites they have a link to my site that while my site is loading, a BIG PopUp shows up with their own products page and that PopUp is one of those that covers the entire screen and if a visitor blink they will see the popup first instead of my page, so I will loose the probable sale.

Right now, my brain is on overdrive, so I am not going to post what I am thinking about some of those sites that have my domainname.com listed, I an only thinking about the similarity with the other thread about the 180 issue on the parasite forum.

I hope some of the more experienced here check their own back links and give the name of the parasites they find after they do a +domainname.com search on Google.

Sal.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >The good news: Now I know where those extra visitors go to my site.

You shouldn't need Google to tell you that. Your web server should put it in the server logs (as the referrer).

ABW Ambassador
    I don't consider most of what shows up under +domain.com as backlinks. At least not backlinks that count towards your PR or backlinks that actually help in the SERPS. Your backlinks will show up there but so will your PPC ads to your site which don't contribute to PR or SERPS.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread