I came across this doing a Google: free link manager If you look about mid-page you will notice it says they are giving it away for free for a limited time. Has any one used this? Is it in a format that will not hurt you in the engines? I was thinking about purchasing Arelis when I found this..I sure would like to save the money.

That screenshot they provide is about as close to worthless as can be. Way too small for me to see!

I've considered a links management program in the past, but I try to keep outgoing links to a minimum. I just add them manually, and try to go back once a month or so and check them to make sure they still work.

If you decide to use this, let us know how it works out. It would be nice if they'd make their screenshot larger so people can actually see it...

Andy

While on this subject, I received the following email this morning sent to webmaster@mydomain.com:

I am contacting you about cross linking. I am interested in your site because it looks like it's relevant to a site for which I am seeking links.

The professionally designed and attractive site centers around budget awnings for the home and business. Even though the site is new the business has been established for quite some time and I expect the PageRank to climb quickly.

I'll keep the web address confidential and will send it to you only if you give me permission to do so. Just let me know if it's OK, and I'll send you the web address for your review. If you approve of the site, then the intention is to exchange links.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
    Johnny R.
    johnny_ba@link-builder.com
    http://www.link-builder.com
    Experts in Quality Link Building

I looked at the site quickly and there is no fee involved. They seem to contact you when they want or have another site related to yours to exchange links.

Anyone heard or use these guys? Their site is not ranked, but he says it's brand new although the bottom part says "Copyright 2002".

Or is this a new spam trend?

Catwoman

I've received that same email about 30 or forty times in the last year. Sometimes, the senders name is different, but it's none the less.

Just checked my "catch-all" email addy and sure enough there another one from a Bert.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

me too......get that email all the time...I replied once...and got no reply !!! dim wits !!

Malc
    Adverts

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread