ABW Ambassador
    Google is killing off one of my sites. My keywords are going down by 3 to 50 positions a day. It's been a bloodbath for two days and I don't know if it's over or not.

Anyone else seeing this?

My other sites seem unaffected so far. Does anyone have any clues?

On the other hand another one of my sites is climbing by about the same rate. I haven’t made any drastic changes.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    My google traffic is actually picking up. Think it's just everyday fluctuations, sites staying the same, dropping, moving up.

It looks like something happened on the 10th. My sites seems to gain about 10%-20% in traffic terms.

Can't find any talk of an update anywhere though.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    Trust,

Most my sites are moving up.

The site I am talking about is down over 50% I'm talking thousands of visitors a month. Strange.

Not just a fluctuation I don't think? I hope it will fluctuate back up.

My traffic is up but google traffic is way off. I have couple theorys on what google is doing, but I don't want any panic on this forum. So I'm not going to say what it is. But it does effect cj,linkshare affiliates and merchants and the other big networks.

ABW Ambassador
    Jason your theorys are wrong

My Google traffic is almost non-existant anymore, but the good thing is that Yahoo picked up the slack. I think my problem came when I changed hosting for my site. I've been in the s#!tter ever since.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    My problem is google has killed off a decent site for me yahoo who knows what they have been doing, sure no friend of mine
    I just chalk it up to the way things fluctuate and will expect it to be totally different in a couple months again
    I just keep plugging along, making sites and trying to improve what we have and keep seeing the income go up

Animal Lover
    Major movement down for a few of mine and some others stayed static.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

TrustNo1 I hope my theory is wrong, If you know what my theory is then please send me a private message! See if your right? LOL

ABW Ambassador
    Google is not targetting affiliates or moving affiliates down trying to push them to Adwords or anything related or in the same neighborhood of thought

Hmm trustno1... sending a private message...

Jason

I have a theory, I bet that sometimes the google team is so tired that they let the monkeys loose and those monkeys program the hell out of some of the algo...hmmm, or maybe the damn pigeon are doing it?

ABW Ambassador
    Jason has bounced back and Google is liking his sites now . Don't rely on SE traffic to be a steady thing, it can get kinda bumpy sometimes.

I think the folks at webmasterworld coined a term long ago for the ups and downs on search engines - at least on Google...

"Everflux" - it may be an old term since Google keeps changing but it still explains the many ups and downs of everyone's web sites in Google. It is thrilling to watch your web sites magically gain thousands of page views a day. And then watch the page views drop by the thousands the very next month. Hopefully the overall trend in web site traffic and affiliate income will be upwards in spite of the month to month changes.

Very nerve-wracking!

But if you can bear the many ups and downs over the years, you will see affiliate income flucuate up and down. Don't spend your big revenue from one month because the web site revenue might decrease dramatically later in the year. Only to increase back up again. Sock away a substantial rainy day fund.

Just keep your nose to the grindstone churning out the web pages day after day and finetuning your web site(s).

ABW Ambassador
    Google can only help, not hurt your traffic. It only hurts when Google stops helping.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread