Hello -

Building on our last discussion about this, I was wondering if anybody has gone live THIS YEAR (since January) with a large new (new domain name) site (over 1,000 individual product pages, datafeed or otherwise) and had all/most of the pages indexed and ranked in google?

This is proving to be quite a challenge to get larger sites indexed in Google since January. This only applies to new domains.

If there are any success stories I'd like to hear them!

Thanks,

Dan

ABW Ambassador
    No problem getting sites crawled and indexed.

PR has not been a problem either, most sites I've launched this year have started at PR5, and two at PR6.

Ranking well for anything? Forget it. Even on very non-competitive terms, it is apparent that new sites are subject to some sort of "suppression" filter. Catching a few hits here and there on misspellings and specific model numbers though.

I have launched a few 1000 plus page sites in the Feb/March time frame. I was getting nothing spidered but the homepage for at least two months. It seems to have gotten a little quicker lately. The sites have been as large as 100,000 pages and I seem to have about 15,000-20,000 pages in google per site. I seem to be spidered pretty regularly but have no idea if they are new pages or just spidering the old ones again. The PR of these sites is anywhere from 4-5.

Some of these sites were script sites from c3scripts and some were content sites.

I think my plan from now on is to build smaller sites but more of them when there are more than 10,000 pages.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread