ABW Ambassador
    Here you go:
    Affiliate Partners,

It has come to our attention that Ebates has reportedly resolved the issues that were raised by our affiliates regarding the 'Mo Money' application, and that their application has been determined to be within the codes of conduct used by the major affiliate aggregators such as CJ.com.

However, in much more general terms, another issue raised by affiliates concerning our coupon site policy is the similarity of discounting our products to consumers through rebate programs of some websites. After further review of our program, we have decided to extend our coupon site policy to include all such rebate sites that give money back to the consumer as this is a form of coupon use in our opinion and hence should be included. This will not affect donation sites that give portions of the commissions to charitable causes, but will affect all sites that give rebates directly back to the consumer for shopping at a particular site.

If there are any questions regarding this policy, please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Nate Burke
    nate.burke@outdoordecor.com

Director, Business Development
    OutdoorDecor.com

I am confused. They are not dropping ebates, but dropping coupon and rebate sites. What is ebates then?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Sounds like CJ had a talk with them about Ebates.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    That is absolutely outrageous! So they are, then they are not dropping *bates. Next thing they are stating they are now going to allow rebate or incentive based sites like *bates BECAUSE they are like giving a coupon, which should be included in their program....

AND YET, they are removing and prohibiting coupon sites from being in their program. What kind of twisted, inconsistent, self serving policy is this? It is a complete contradiction of their own policy and actions.

Ebates is okay because they are "essentially" giving a coupon back, but coupon sites are not okay so we are removing them...huh?

Got it too... and replyed...well looks like I'm going to dump them A shame it is.

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    Xtreme's partnership information

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

5. ABW Ambassador
    Program dropped, links removed.

Outdoordecor - welcome to short term success, long term failure. Partnering with thieves will see you blackballed by real affiliates.

Well, I hope they have fun with ebates. I have another merchant that has everything they have, more in fact, and is parasite free. I KNOW where MY bread is buttered. YUM!!

Don't ask. It isn't THAT hard to find the better program.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

quote:
    Originally posted by BLFH (Ms. B):
    Sounds like CJ had a talk with them about Ebates.
    Bet the farm on it. Truly amazing - but not surprising.

It is my understanding that they are still dropping Ebates. From the post, I understand that although Ebates supposedly has remedied the MMM problem, that Outdoor Decor has decided that rebates fit in the same category as coupons and they are going to be put in the same category as coupon sites.
    But for those sites giving rebates to charities will still be allowed.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Add another one to the deadpool siding with the incent Ad Whores. Guess we posed the right amount of ABW pressure to uncover true merchant intentions. Tough group here not accepting any Smoke screens hiding a merchant's ability to convert targeted affiliate traffic. Let the couponers and BHO's eat the cookies of others ...not mine.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Watching this and the other thread develop has been a prime example of comments and kneejerk reactions "on many levels" being done where they shouldn't have.

I'll add that I'm glad to see Nate here and suggest that you'll learn much more by hanging around and gaining additional insight into the many different affiliate perspectives and issues that are presented here.

At some point hopefully he will gain a better understanding of the parasitic model, how 0 occurences does not level the playing field or impact MMM or other parasites, and how they will continually pay repeat commissions with all parasitic partners utilizing downloadable applications.

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

ABW Ambassador
    So:

coupon sites - out
    rebate sites - out
    donation sites that give portions of the commissions to charitable causes - in

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What Connie said.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

It took 2 times of reading it but I agree with Connie. They are putting rebate sites into the same category as coupon sites and thus tossing eBates.

I think someone from CJ hammered him after he sent out his first email and this is his way of getting around the CoC issue. Too bad he doesn't understand that the charity sites - iGive, UPromise and others - use the same software as eBates with the same overwriting results.

quote:
    Originally posted by Linda:
    It took 2 times of reading it...
    Eh whatever it really means, it tells me that the policy will change like the wind - I just pulled their links and expired the relationship, it's not worth trying to figure out what's next.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I predict that tomorrow there will be another message from outdoordecor in my cj mailbox

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow gifts and collectibles

ABW Ambassador
    Can I just point out the fact that this means they are happily in bed with iGive!!

Yeah, let's give to charity while stealing from the honest AMs on the WWW. Robin Hood they are NOT! Sorry, ebates or not, they are still partnered with scum.

If they actually converted, I might actually care.

Checkin here I make it about seven parasites

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread