I have been using Webposition for years to submit my sites to the engines and have had pretty good luck until recently. I read in an article that Google was not accepting sites submitted with Webposition. Has anyone had any experiences or knowledge of if this is true? I have about 25 new sites that I want to submit, but dont want to screw things up by using a program.

Also, how many sites do you think it is safe to submit a day. Should I limit the amount of sites that I submit per day. Do they keep track of my ip address and how many sites I have submitted. I only want to submit my index page and let them pick up the rest.

I heard that also about web position, I would recommend either doing it yourself or trying AddWeb 5-6 or 7, AddWeb is good

Thanks,
    Kevin -Go Wireless
    Bargain Cellular.Net

ABW Ambassador
    My experience:

Inbound links to page > Submission service.

The only submission you should make is to DMOZ and other directories related to your site's content category.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with what weisinator said. If it's primarily google you are after, and even yahoo... just add the link to another one of your pages. Don't go nuts crosslinking them all though.

If your pages get crawled regularly, then you're probably in in no time.
    I forgot what I was doing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If your pages get crawled regularly, then you're probably in in no time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Agree totally. I've never used Webposition, Adweb, or any of the other optimizing software programs, but I used submit my sites via the "add url" links at the search engines. I found out that it is just as good, and possibly faster to get incoming links via either reciprocal linking or linking from one of your other sites to make a path to your new site for search engines to follow.

But doesn't DMOZ have a problem with affiliate sites. If you look at their terms they do not favor listing affiliate pages.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wackywoman:
    But doesn't DMOZ have a problem with affiliate sites. If you look at their terms they do not favor listing affiliate pages. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you bring something new to the table in terms of content, you stand a pretty good chance of getting in.

Besides, submitting doesn't hurt. The worst they can do is refuse you. There are other legitimate directories that can list you.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread