Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    and based on my web logs and stats, both yahoo and google has even traffic. Seems odd because last month it was mostly Yahoo. While I'm not complaining cause it seems like google is being nice today! All I can say is I'm impressed my the sudden change and hot results from google.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, just found that the backlinks were updated today. No PR update yet.

My PR has updated, but i'm only showing 1 backlink when there should be like 20 some.

Well maybe on the next BL update google will find those.

ABW Ambassador
    PR updated. Nice makeup for the shiftdown last time. A PR8 and bunches of 7s.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    You have a site that has a PR of 8?
    I forgot what I was doing.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've verified that PR8. Nice going!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    PR8?! ( EC clutches at heart, falls over )

Still have 1 that is a PR0, used to be a PR4 about a month ago. Not sure why it is a 0 now.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    yep worse update to happen yet. You would think eventually they would get better not worse

I had a nice update too. Unfortunately no 7's quite yet, but I've got a couple 6's and lots of 5's.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, nice work Chet.

I've always admired the quality of your network.

I'm with Jackson on this one. My google traffic has dropped over 50%. Some could be seasonal, but I'm sure most is due to the latest update. What makes no sense to me, is that items where I should have strong keyword searches, the top spots belong to tripod.com personal websites. Hopefully things will change shortly.

Sorry guys, but my Google traffic is the highest it's ever been. I lost a lot of traffic in the middle of March and since then I've acquired a good handfull of PR5+ links. They really did the trick.

PR's for most of my sites dropped by 1. Most of them are in 5 though i have a couple of them at 6.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    One of my sites dropped 1 level, the rest are the same as always. Fickle Google. Wish those PhD types would make up their minds.

Q: "What's a terrabyte?"

A: "Any damn thing it likes."

We dropped too. Traffic decreased about 80% over the past month. MSN and Yahoo have picked up about the same amount. Seems odd, close to the same amount of traffic between all search engines yet sales are WAY down.

ABW Ambassador
    My google traffic has decreased about 80% over the past 3 weeks too and I am seeing higher ranking on many sites that dont even contain the key words in their titles

I'm happy for all those with increases in traffic ... but the results I'm seeing are not a qualified as usual.

Not just on my key words ... But random tests I've done too.

Regards,
    Dave

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    My PR also dropped a point and my google traffic is now at an all time low.

Every month for the past 6 months I have steadly lost traffic by about the same amount each month.

If it drops by the same amount is has the past 6 months this month, I will effectively have NO Google traffic left.

Google is just plain hating me for some reason.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Yeah something is out of whack when a free website( homestead, tripod, etc.) ranks better than other sites. Will just have to see what happens down the road.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spencer:
    Yeah something is out of whack when a free website( homestead, tripod, etc.) ranks better than other sites. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> There is nothing that indicates to me that a free site should not outrank a "real" domain. I've managed to get Geocities pages to rank on the first page of the SERPs for the targetted term.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

ABW Ambassador
    What weisinator said.

That's a common misconception about free sites. SE's don't care if they're free, paid or who you're hosted with. It's just not a factor.

And it goes on and on and on!

I have a site that has historically done fairly well in the SERPs and with this Google shift, the strangest thing is happening.

All of my product pages show in the current results WITHOUT any description. WWW3 shows WITH the descriptions and I actually rank decently (better than the past few months) there. WWW3 SERPS appear to 'go live' occasionally but most of the time still no descriptions.

Is anyone else seeing anything similar? I hope it all settles down soon either way.

Signed,

The Suspense is Killing Me!
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

Steady as she goes in the phillyBurbs ...

It may sound trite.. but since I decided to stop worrying about Google I've been a lot happier

I think the key thing is to keep building pages and sites. Sure sometimes Google hates a site, sometimes Yahoo hates a site, but if you have multiple sites this doesn't matter so much.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    I think the key thing is to keep building pages and sites. Sure sometimes Google hates a site, sometimes Yahoo hates a site, but if you have multiple sites this doesn't matter so much. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could go that way, but I think the real key is to not only build more pages, but to build an audience. Making more sites may not necessarily help you develop a strong audience. I'm slowly starting to realize the quantity of sites you produce isn't as important as the quality. If you play the quantity game, you have to live by the search engines. If you play the quality game, you don't even need to worry about them.

- Scott

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snib:
    but I think the real key is to not only build more pages, but to build an audience. Making more sites may not necessarily help you develop a strong audience. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You should also keep in mind that the audience will entertain themselves and grow the site for you if you have the resources for it.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast