I’ve been thinking about trying some pages with Teoma and noticed I could submit through the Ask Jeeves site submit which appears to be powered by Position Technologies or I could submit through Ineedhits.

What are the advantages and disadvantages between Position Technologies and Ineedhits?
    Does one have better reporting than the other?
    Is one easier to work with?
    Does one go easier on accepting affiliate sites more than the other?

Thanks for any opinions

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'd take Positiontech. I haven't dealt with them, but...

I used to love Ineedhits for submitting to Inktomi. But, once they found out the Ink program was going to be history (I think they got a heads-up from Overture before the public announcement), their service degraded from being fine, to becoming so bad that I wouldn't deal with them for anything more.

If I decide to submit to Teoma, it won't be hrough them! Because, this is what happened near the end of their Ink Search Submit offering--and I wouldn't give them a chance to do the same thing to me with any other offerings:

Parts of the interface became broken, and were never fixed.
    Reporting became mostly dead, and when it did get patched up, it was fixed badly so a lot of the terms said 0 hits even though there were plenty.
    Changing anything went from being a simple interface type-in task, to needing to call them in Australia!

Even calling Australia stopped working. An answering machine was put on, and never responded to.
    Email support died.

After that experience, I cannot recommend Ineedhits anymore. I have no reason to believe they'd do any better with a Teoma submission account than they did with the Ink one.

I can't promise that Positiontech won't suck, too. I've never dealt with them. But I KNOW that Ineedhits' service went to blazes...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Palm Springs, CA
    I've got several urls with PositionTech. I haven't added more since the ink change but I've been very happy with them. I haven't had to contact them very often but when I have they have responded quickly and were helpful.

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    Complete waste of money since no one searches with Teoma. But between the two Positiontech is better.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread