I added a new site link to a couple of my others and Google grabbed it and spidered it. This was probably about a week or so ago. It's hit the page 3 times so far. When I look at my logs each day I see 3-5 visitors from Google. The search term and keywords that got them to my site through Google are great keywords and phrases. When I serch Google for my site by name and url and the keywords, it's not listed anywhere. Does anyone have any clues as to what is going on. Google must be showing the site for about 30 seconds and then it's removed once someone clicks on it. Thanks
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    It happens to me all the time. I see a search term that someone has used, then I cannot find my site listed for that term.
    Don't know why though

ABW Ambassador
    Different servers. Happens sometimes, i'll check the main and it's not there but will be on www2,www3 or one of the many others they have. Sometimes those others will be the main.

I've been checking 2 and 3 but haven't checked the others. I'll see what they are showing. Most likely nothing though because the terms get several thousand searches a day but only a few visitors are coming to the site through Google. Thanks Julian and Trust

ah it's been happening to me quite a bit was wondering why. Thanks Trust and Julian too.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Chill, google bots come and go when they want to. But it usually takes a week or 2 before that pages are in the directory.

Yahoo seems to take much much longer to include new pages than google does.

Wait about a month, and then if your pages are not in google, then you can start worrying, not b4.

Mike

Mike, I Google gives me the listings for the search terms they are sending me, trust me I can wait

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Anyone figure out what's going on yet with the Memorial Day Google update?

and are they running on all servers yet?

(corrected) and then I started up a piece of software to check it and OK they are all back. for the past two weeks at least three of their servers appeared to be down continually. maybe they fixed something in our favor?

To get an idea of what’s going on – you must remove your website cap and put on a Google index cap. Think in Billions!

Google continuously runs 10 or more bot servers with about 300 connections each. Each bot server includes its own DNS. Each bot spiders and caches an average of 100 web-pages per second – 24 hours a day. Work the math on that and you arrive at a totally different universe of SE index thinking.

OK – Google now has 4 to 5 Billion searchable web-pages indexed and cached in their server databases.

Google handles over 200 Million searches every day. Each search requires searching a multi-terabyte web index for every query with an average response time of less than a quarter of a second. This in itself is amazing.

Google now has over 100,000 servers around the world. Of which I estimate 70,000 to 80,000 of those servers are located in numerous datacenters in North America.

No 2 Google servers ever contain the exact same identical data i.e. webpage index and cache information. Updating each server’s database is frequent but not instant. Servers are updated on a continuous rotation schedule. It takes more than a few weeks to update all those servers and the process is a never ending cycle.

A user performing a search at Google would normally be connected to 1 server that is perhaps networked to several other servers in the Google system. A couple of hits on your 1 new webpage several days after indexing by a Google bot is normal. Your web-page is already indexed and cached on certain of these Google search server’s, but not all. When you search – your results are not coming from the same Google server(s) as those 2 or 3 hits did, which you found in your logs.

Your 1 page is slowly being added to each of those 70,000 to 80,000 Google search servers. It just takes time.

PS. The good old days of Infoseek’s submit URL and instant indexing then search are (*almost) gone.

* I recently submitted a URL to Gigablast and it was indexed within 5 minutes. What a surprise! Of course they only have a little over 400 Million pages indexed but they seem to be growing fast.

I dont' know about that theory,

every single time I check google my exact same pages are listed as indexed.

haven't seen a change in months

can't see different servers being the problem, it must be something else, unless I'm listed on all servers all the time!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread