ABW Ambassador
    I just read on another forum that some are saying the PR update may have started.

Just thought I'd throw that out there if anyone cares. Many do say that the backlinks update even before the PR update, but shortly after last PR update I think I saw a jump in my serps. Can't quite remember and don't know if it's related or not.

Anyway, either way it's still nice to see if the little green bar moves and if it goes up it can help get some better links hopefully.

Hope it goes well for everyone!
    I forgot what I was doing.

cant see any changes up to now.

ABW Ambassador
    I may have spoken too soon. Someone said it was going, another said it might not be yet. I was reading on another forum, people are chomping at the bit waiting for it. I guess I'm one of them.
    I forgot what I was doing.

bpal:

Something must be happening, 'cuz my PR zero out again. Does that everytime there is a change.

John

And WOW! Yahoo is suddenly taking the lead over Google on referrals. ... and what's up with MSN & Jeeves lately - their spiders seem awfully hungry ! They never visited before.

If I have a very limited web stats package, how can I tell if a bot has been to my site?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    For those that care, another one going on now.

ABW Ambassador
    And what a beautiful update it is indeed!!!! Thank You Google Gods!!!!

Good luck all!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    YEAAAA! Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and my brand new www.5stardomainsforsale.com site just got PR 4 - right out of the gate!
    I just launched it about a month ago. WooHoo I am soooo excited!

very positive update for me, one of my affiliate site got PR5
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

I don't think PR is worth all that much, but was surprised to see our Mall bump up a notch, as well as our education guide and a few other speciality sections (zombies, valentine, etc.).

Go figure.

I'd be a lot more excited if it meant a ton of extra traffic and/or sales.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'd be a lot more excited if it meant a ton of extra traffic and/or sales. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Same here Karl Most of my pages are hanging at PR4 now including new sites with a few at PR5 but unfortunately nowheres to be found in the listings Maybe once a new update from the SE's comes around that will change things. Hey, I can dream can't I?
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hey, I can dream can't I? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember what Mickey Rourke said in Diner? (I think that's the right movie & actor): If you ain't got dreams, you got nightmares!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    I don't think PR is worth all that much, but was surprised to see our Mall bump up a notch, as well as our education guide and a few other speciality sections (zombies, valentine, etc.).

Go figure.

I'd be a lot more excited if it meant a ton of extra traffic and/or sales. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll believe PR is not all that important when google gives it's homepage a 2 or 3 but until then PR is extremely important in my book.

ABW Ambassador
    I think PR is overhyped. Fact is if you do some searches and check out the PR's of the top ten sites, you'll notice high PR doesn't necessarily mean top spots. Also Stanford U. has the pagerank patent, so when Google goes public maybe Stanford will get a big chunk of change. I have some inner PR 1 pages beating out PR 5+ so it's nice to have a big PR but there are many more important factors.

ABW Ambassador
    I think PR will not make a site. If a site is poorly optimized, pages poorly designed, it is not going to help much. But when you have everything working, decent PR is a nice extra kick.

And for content sites, I think many advertisers use pagerank over alexa ratings etc to get some feel for if a site has some value.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    My main money earner is only a PR4, but it consistently ranks quite high for a lot of search terms.

I am sure that having a higher PR would be a nice boost, but I think that PR alone is not something you should worry about.

I do very well with my PR4 site

PR updates don't really excite me anymore. While my PR's all went up on this update, my google rankings and traffic went down slightly. My traffic is lower than it's been for at least 2 or 3 weeks yet I've got a big handfull of PR6's.

Go figure
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Not exciting at the moment, for sure. But I do have PR for a new site that went live on June 2nd. The question is: is the PR update a prelude to a ranking update or merely a reflection of changes over the last few weeks. My intuition tells me that this one might precede some SERPs changes rather than simply the toolbar playing catch-up.

Admittedly, I don't have much evidence for this, except that the site I mentioned earlier received it's first few Google visitors today and I don't believe in coincidence.

Pr doesn't really matter in my book. I'm beating other sites with a pr 6 and above in the search listings.. Right now my main site is at Pr 4 and a lot of 3's pages.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread