if I put this in my robots.txt file will it prevent the CJ spider from crawling my site?

User-agent: CJNetworkQuality
    Disallow: /
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    That should do it if CJ respects the robots.txt file. It is not an actual block, just an electronic "keep out sign."

Here's a link to their page about their spider:
    http://www.cj.com/networkquality/

They don't say if they respect the robots.txt file or what they will do to someones CJ account if they block it.

Wayne

thanks Wayne I just took a look at that page WOW it has to be in the running for the best joke of the year
    Its got that bad now Wayne I don't give a toss if CJ throw me out. I've had enough of them allowing parasites to walk all over us, I'm buggered if I will allow CJ to crawl my sites and give the gleaned info to them to help them steal even more from us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 1. What does the network quality utility do?
    The network quality utility tool searches each publisher Web site that is registered in the Commission Junction network that generates traffic to monitor compliance to the Publisher Service Agreement, specifically, Sections 1 and/or 2.2. Additionally, searches are made to monitor continued compliance to advertisers' special terms and conditions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread