ABW Ambassador
    I think.

I have a site that was receiving about 300 to 400 visitors a day and converting well. Then one day I see my traffic spike up to about 900 a day for two days. So I go to see where the traffic is coming from. It's an oriental site and it is featuring one of my products. I can't read the language but I though it was cool.... at first.

Two days later my site traffic falls to 25 visitors a day and google has turned it's back on me. It’s been over a month and I am still hurting for traffic.

Anyone know what may have happened here?

bloody hell you may have hit the nail on the head there. That is very similar to what happened to me. I did not bother to check where all the extra hits were coming from but I'm sure hurting for visitors now.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

same here 2 months ago I made $1,200 this month $250
    winning is a habit unfortunately so is losing

what is the url ?

ABW Ambassador
    I have never heard of such a thing, i think it is just coincidence. The desperation thickens on ABW.

Chet

It's not China that killed your website!

It's a website owner that might be from China.

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

So, if you want to get rid of the competition you just build a funky site in China and link to them? I don't think so.

A site can't help who links to it. A site can only control outbound links. If a bad site linking in was all it took to get dropped, everyone would be doing it.

It has to be something else. Have you checked your outbound links lately? Google got mad at me a few months back, and I found a couple of sites on my links page had changed to an "adult" format...

I check my outbound links regularly now.

Andy

I'm not trying to be mean, but the title kind of offend me a little, I seen to many post (not just here in ABW) about China. It's like everywhere else in this world, bad apples exist in each corner of the world.

Sorry I am not trying to stir some doo doo. (must be one of those hormone day! )

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    Don't know the reason for the drop in traffic but it's not from another site linking to you.

LOL, I like the way people can be offended for the sake of other people. Not saying it's wong, it's just amazing how compasionate society has grown in comparison to days not long enough ago when nearly everyone had bad names for minorities. Of course Chinese people are clearly not a minority.

Regarding the subject of the thread I would say the only thing that link could have done to your site is replace your importance in the search engine with their own. I doubt that is the case because your link would have only gotten bumped a spot or two and made little difference in the traffic you receive.

Just coincidence is all it is.

There *has* been some sort of Google update over the past few days. Looks like there's been some more filtering added, so that could well account for changes in traffic patterns.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    Nova - Mrs. Happypoon,
    Of course I meant no offence. I don't care where it's from I just want to know if anyone knows anything about it. Is it a problem or is it coincidence?

Andy, Trust1,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So, if you want to get rid of the competition you just build a funky site in China and link to them? I don't think so.
    A site can't help who links to it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Google Guy on another forum has stated that inbound links DO affect your standing. How much? I don't know and he would not say. It does make a difference though. Yes I have heard of people injuring the competition this way.

Dynamoo,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> There *has* been some sort of Google update over the past few days. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This happened a month or so ago.

MarkyMark, what say ye?

ABW Ambassador
    Inbound links can affect your standing (ranking) More usually better, with the link text for the keywords your targetting etc. But a competitor just can't link to you and can cause damage. If that was the case it would be too easy to hurt your competition.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread