More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Just finished up with a 3 mo. Wordtracker Subscription. OK it did what it was supposed to do, but the "killer" phrases have been spammed into oblivion.

I also believe that some of those high ranking phrases that get 10 or 20 hits a day with only a handful of competing pages are artificially boosted by people using the Wordtracker tool and clicking thru on the competition results for the sake of cutting and pasting the phrase (I know I do this).
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    No.

Sorry off subject a little. Firstly yes I think it's seen it's day in it's current pain in the rear system for users. The results are as good as they get but the interface difficulty is so outdated.

Now for my question. Is there anyone here that would know how to get the data that wordtracker uses?

p.s How north are you cheesehead? I'm in Marinette. There is getting to be quite a few people from our general area on here. Maybe we should put together a meeting. Obviously we all know how to bowl since it would be a sin to live here and not.

What, a meeting in the central coast finally??

I'd be interested in seeing how many people would gather for the Eagle River races in Jan.

With regard to WT, I think it is still a great tool, just not to the extent is was a year ago.

Heyder, I live in the Iron River, WI area, West of Ashland. Have about 35 acres and love it up here!
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Oh Man Fishing Country! My Sis-in-Law lives out that way so I've managed to get their a couple of times.

>>With regard to WT, I think it is still a great tool, just not to the extent is was a year ago.

Why ?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CheeseHead:
    I also believe that some of those high ranking phrases that get 10 or 20 hits a day with only a handful of competing pages are artificially boosted by people using the Wordtracker tool and clicking thru on the competition results for the sake of cutting and pasting the phrase (I know I do this). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does the 10 to 20 hits a day mean? A high ranking phrase with only that much traffic might not have a lot of competition, but why would you want to optimize for so little traffic? Or did I miss something somewhere? I've still only tried the trial for WT since I'm still not making enough to justify it's purchase, so maybe I just don't understand the WT lingo.
    I forgot what I was doing.

My biggest problem with WT is that it has moved SOOOOOO slow the last several months or so that it has been a PITA to go to their site and try to get anything done.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

I'll take 20 visits a day on a single page any day since if you have 30 such pages, the traffic adds up. About a year ago, you could find search phrases for just about anything that could you some guaranteed traffic. Those phrases are not showing up now as a high value key phrase since the phrase is on so many pages. Wordtracker is still a valuable tool to find well searched phrases and unlike Overtures free tool, discriminates between singular and plural. I was developing some new pages today and I was really missing WT.

The trend I've noticed since wordtracker became popular is an overly cautious approach by webmasters. Everyone is afraid to go for the big stuff while killing the little stuff. There are keyword phrases that few people would believe to be obtainable but actually are fairly easy to get.

Okay I did some research on wordtracker to answer some questions I had about their data. It appears wordtrackers data is based off of some old meta search engines like dogpyle and some ppc sources. They take the data from that site and compare it with other search engines market share. Example if blue cheese is searched up 10 times a day on dogpyle they say our market share is 1 percent so for google multiply that by 60 and say it's called up 600 times a day on google.

Personally I'm somewhat dissapointed by this information but I can still see some value in the product.

You can find this info at http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

Totally off-topic....
    Quote:

OMG!!!

Grew up in Hayward. Had a Hoose ober dere behind de Spider Lake offa 77. Used to know my way around the woods between Hayward, Hurley and Hell. ( Not to mention Jack Pine Rosie)

Funny, Living in SoCal now but I still tawk dat way, Doncha know, to dis day.

Go Pack.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread