Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I was searching for info on "blacklight posters" in google and up comes the same website with multiple subdomains listing the exact same content, taking up most of the first two pages of google! Damn SPAMMERS.... how can they get away with it?!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    And we question why some people say their poster sales are soooo good and traffic is so high on posters. Now we know why

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes WW, you have learned well from mike. If someone is successful, they must be cheating.

This is not to say these subdomain sites are a blessing (but i find it distasteful for you to accuse members here of being cheats because this exists). And look at how he built the pages, at least is goes to the what you are looking for - he also does a few other nice things. But I would question how well this affiliate converts, covertings sites are rarely filled with popup banners, and a couple of strobing banners.

Chet

This guy has got to be pretty successful. I have run into him on many searchs for the items of merchants I am featuring. He does really well on most of them - not just posters!

Ride the wave while it lasts!!

Bsnrjones

Goal: $10,000/month by 12/04

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ride the wave while it lasts!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah!

Sheet, check out the PR of their home page!!! PR8!

I'm going to be too busy studying this one to diss it. There's obviously something to be learned if they can get a PR8 for that!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Leader - I already have kept an eye on this site for a while...very interesting what is going on here. He definately has something figured out.

Bsnrjones

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yes WW, you have learned well from mike. If someone is successful, they must be cheating. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And where in any way does my sarcastic post say anything about cheating
    Chill out for once

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buddha:
    WARNING: IT TAKES YOU RIGHT TO AMAZON!

http://dvd.shoppingsavvy.com/The-Jud...s-2-amp-4.html

That's a trick-for-click link, right?

------------------------------
    _"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." - Gertrude Stein, American author (1874-1946)._<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Looks like one to me, there's some webmasters on geekvillage who dump a bunch of pages in google, once they get indexed, chenge the names next month and then forward all of the traffic to amazon that's looking for the missing pages. They make big money doing it, but no one over there seems to mind. I think it's a crock of sh*t.

He's got 38,900 backlinks.

Anyone wants to know why people use subdomains?

---------------------------------------
    But it beats a real j.o.b.

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> That's a trick-for-click link, right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's not only amazon. All the product pages are redirecting with a timing to the merchants and no need to click anywhere, the cookie is set this way.
    Some people will do anything to set a cookie.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

I believe this guy is on ABW

ABW Ambassador
    I believe this guy will get banned from Google. Having multiple subdomains with the exact same content over and over again is search engine SPAM. Enjoy it while it lasts because it won't!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamyT:
    I believe this guy will get banned from Google. Having multiple subdomains with the exact same content over and over again is search engine SPAM. Enjoy it while it lasts because it won't!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, it'll probably be banned.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    1,740,000 pages
    he is really datafeed maniax !

Smart Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

I thought there was a rule about posting URLS in here

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't post a URL

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If a ABWer is firmly convenced some sleezebag affiliate is ruining the marketplace they should have an obligation to disclose the perp. The value of this board is we do not chill out when some trick for click artist is outed.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Blooming heck look at the Alexa stats for this one.. rank 5,567 and rocketing.

There are only about 620 external links to the site (OK, that's quite a lot but this is PR8) - most of these seem to be from those funny pages you get where half the content is SE results put in as Google bait. The subdomains seem to be amplifying the PageRank through the linking structure.

Very clever, certainly. Must be generating a fortune, which is not a bad thing I guess. Almost definitely heading for a Google ban though.

Have a look for the domain name in Google Groups.. you can see how successful it is in getting niche search terms just from the general chitchat going on.

Clever. Not "nice" though.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

What a waste of good PR though, that front page is awful. They've got a rank of #18 for the search term "shopping" - with a decent front page that should be in the top 10, rank 6 possibly.

Best thing to do would be to milk as much money as you could before the inevitable Google ban. I wonder if I could borrow that top page for a week

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bbb:
    I thought there was a rule about posting URLS in here<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I reported myself twice, thank you.

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." - Gertrude Stein, American author (1874-1946).

ABW Ambassador
    Lately I've seen a lot of this spam. It is unbelievable. Inevitably, these slime characters will end up in the gutter, though.

You guys are rough, but I have come to expect that from at least one that has posted in this thread.

While I don't agree with the person using the auto redirect to the merchant just to set the cookie, I don't see what is wrong with what he is doing on the rest of his site.

Sure Google will eventually catch on and ban him, but that is his risk.

Is everyone upset with the fact he is redirecting automatically, or with how he is getting so many pages ranked nicely at Google. If you are upset with his rankings, I am suprised, I thought this game was about generating targeted traffic, which is exactly what he is doing.

So in my book if he just dropped the cookie setting redirects, I say power to him. Ride the wave as long as it lasts.

Bsnrjones

Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bsnrjones:
    Is everyone upset with the fact he is redirecting automatically, or with how he is getting so many pages ranked nicely at Google. If you are upset with his rankings, I am suprised, I thought this game was about generating targeted traffic, which is exactly what he is doing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe it's because it does not reflect well on the Affiliate Marketing as a whole?

Google doesn't like it when people screw with it results, that why he'll get banned. He know it, he did it anyway. He doesn't deserve respect for that. Does he? Sure he's not breaking the Law but it wasn't very professional of him either.

Maybe if I join Amazon I'll have a harder time because someone like this offended them. Maybe we'll all have lower commission percents because Amazon values Affiliates a little less because of people like this.

But what do I know, nothing. I'm just a newb.

(Note: the use of Amazon in the above example was not meant to make you )

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." - Gertrude Stein, American author (1874-1946).

Let me clarify my postion a bit.

1. I do NOT agree with running duplicate content on multiple subdomains
    2. I do NOT agree with automatically redirecting to the merchant.
    3. I do NOT have any problems with someone using subdomains to their fullest extent.
    4. I do NOT have a problem with someone ethically pushing the system by using subdomains to increase their PR as long as all content is unique throughout the subdomain network.

Here is where I think it gets sticky for all of us. I put up a site that seems to click - the merchant converts well, and the site gets good rankings. So then I decide to roll out 4 more of these sites - each with a different domain name. I change the colors, change up how the content is displayed, etc. These four sites, while looking different, all end up ranking really well. So now I have the top five positions at Google - they all look like different sites, but they are all mine.

Is this a problem for you folks - would this be called "tricks for clicks"? In my book it would not, but I am just curious what all of you think.

Bsnrjones

Nothing annoys me more than to find that the top five, or the first page, or the first and second pages are all the same basic site! If I'd found what I wanted on the first one, I wouldn't be looking at the bottom of the page or on page two for something different.

If the content is the same, and the domains are different, I don't care. Offer something different besides new colors and fonts or forget it.

I think this is a form of spam, as it makes the SERPs less relevant. Meanwhile, the site that DOES have what I want is buried on page ten, behind 90 other spammy sites.

I say turn the in. He knew what he was doing when he did it. He needs to play by the rules or go play somewhere else. This is clearly against Googles guidelines.

Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast