I know we all scratch our heads at times about Google and how they list sites but this goes against all I understand about them.

If you do a search for "flowers", you'll see there are over 51,000,000 resuts, quite a lot of sites. The #2 site listed has a PR of 0 and has no inbound links so how did they get ranked #2? I'm stumped by this one. Anyone have any ideas? There's nothing wrong with the site, in fact it looks quite professional and is a nice looking site, but how did they beat out FTD, Proflowers and Hallmark?

Everything I read about Google says content and inbound links. This homepage has very little content and no inbound links.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

It seems to redirect to a subdomain of the main domain, so I assume that they have done a 301 redirect and the PR hasn't been passed on as yet. When you look up the actual main URL of that domain through google and look at the backlinks, they seem to have about 365 backlinks.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Although Google only has 4 backlinks, ATW, altavista, hotbot and MSN combined has a over 7,000 backlinks for this site. This is just my guess

I'm not so sure that we are talking about the same site. I don't see any backlinks for that redirected URL and I see 365 for the main domain... strange. Which one are you looking at Ian?
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Hey Tam,

I used marketleap to check out backlinks outside of Google. Are we talking about the same site? haha. Most of the time google.ca serves up different listings. Since I am in Canada, when I type google.com, I get taken to google.ca. But the one that I was looking at was a subdomain and it had little to no google backlinks. Just tons of otehr SE backlinks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian @ eyiproducts.com:
    Hey Tam,

Most of the time google.ca serves up different listings. Since I am in Canada, when I type google.com, I get taken to google.ca. But the one that I was looking at was a subdomain and it had little to no google backlinks. Just tons of otehr SE backlinks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I guess we ARE looking at the same site. I'm temporarily living in Canada at the moment (just down the road from you in White Rock actually)... that's why I was curious when we seemed to be getting different results.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread