Yahoo search results are pathetic!
    I understand that a lot of you probably like the results because you're getting good rankings, but the search results that I've been looking at are delivering terrible results.
    Every time I do a search I come across sites with duplicate content that are simply using different domain names.
    I would think by now that Yahoo should easily be able to filter out sites that use several domain names all leading to the same exact content.
    Here is one example of many that I’ve recently come across.
    hawaiian female names
    Starting about the 5th result and then for the next 3 pages, it’s all the exact same content, simply with different domain names.
    On one of Yahoos pages, they state "The most relevant results from across the Web".
    – I think they’re the most pathetic results from across the Web.

Whadda ya mean???? Yahoo results are wonderful. Absolutely on target. They know exactly what I sell on all my wonderful product stocked, relevant sites. Couldn't be better if I tried, which I did. You can't get in or something? Too darned bad on you. You want more variety? Fine. Build your sites better so you, too, will be listed. That will provide more variety. Don't complain about those who succeed where you can't!

Sour grapes!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The Yahoo relevency factor seems to become laughable when you look at those mirrored results....nice choices for shoppers

Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at marocmaison.com
    ... Baby Names >> Hawaiian Baby Names. More Hawaiian baby names. Hawaiian baby names. AELAN: Flower. Gender: female. AILANI: High Chief ...
    www.marocmaison.com/hawaiian_840_583_1.html - 19k - Cached
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at marocevasion.com
    ... Baby Names >> Hawaiian Baby Names. More Hawaiian baby names. Hawaiian baby names. AELAN: Flower. Gender: female. AILANI: High Chief ...
    www.marocevasion.com/hawaiian_853_583_1.html - 17k - Cached
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at cooljewishstuff.com
    www.cooljewishstuff.com/hawaiian_1485_583_1.html - 17k - Cached
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at moroccoforsale.com
    www.moroccoforsale.com/hawaiian_841_583_1.html - 17k - Cached
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at moroccoproperties.com
    www.moroccoproperties.com/hawaiian_728_583_1.html - 17k - Cached
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at zonemaroc.com
    www.zonemaroc.com/hawaiian_19_583_1.html - 17k - Cached
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at moroccogiftbox.com
    www.moroccogiftbox.com/hawaiian_732_583_1.html - 19k - Cached
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at moroccofreevacation.com
    www.moroccofreevacation.com/hawaiian_1032_583_1.html - 17k - Cached
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at moroccointernet.com
    www.moroccointernet.com/hawaiian_895_583_1.html
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at salonmarocain.com
    www.salonmarocain.com/hawaiian_277_583_1.html - 17k - Cached
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at radiomorocco.com
    www.radiomorocco.com/hawaiian_1763_583_1.html - 17k - Cached - More pages from this site
    Hawaiian Baby Names - Baby Names at marocinternet.net
    www.marocinternet.net/hawaiian_2976_583_1.html - 17k - Cached
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

SSanf,
    My post said NOTHING about my results. I'm simply stating that I think the search results suck.
    You state: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yahoo results are wonderful. Absolutely on target <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You obviously haven't studied (beyond your own keywords) the results that Yahoo is serving up. The results are filled with duplicate content across different domain names.

I too have a number of sites, some Yahoo likes, some they don’t. My point was not about how well my sites are doing in Yahoo or how as you state "Don't complain about those who succeed where you can't"; I succeed just fine with Yahoo for my target keywords.

The whole duplicate content across different domain names, is so old school, that Yahoo should be able to filter this by now.

But I guess that since you got so defensive for Yahoo about my post, that you're still using this elementary spam technique.

[Removed - per complaint]

Maroc Internet
    221 Boulevard Zerktouni
    Casablanca, Morocco 20010
    MA

Domain Name: MOROCCOPROPERTIES.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Domain Administrator bonanzasinc@aol.com
    Maroc Internet
    221 Boulevard Zerktouni
    MA
    Phone: 18884530525
    Fax: 18884530525
    Technical Contact:
    Domain Administrator bonanzasinc@aol.com
    Maroc Internet
    221 Boulevard Zerktouni
    MA
    Phone: 18884530525
    Fax: 18884530525

Record updated on 2003-08-30 09:06:12
    Record created on 2002-09-01
    Record expires on 2004-09-01
    Database last updated on 2004-07-21 11:30:16 EST

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.CLEVERPC.COM 209.103.165.2
    NS2.CLEVERPC.COM 209.103.165.3

This group has many duplicate sites and plays the SE and e-mail spam game like an ABW lurker veteran.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Google has not indexed the individual pages but has indexed the home pages. The home pages are distinct from each other, the subdirectory pages are identical. Seems like they are creating one set of data-base driven pages shared among the domains. Really pollutes the web!

Good for Google in catching this!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I'll take Yahoo over Google any day

ABW Ambassador
    Seems there has been some shifting more than usual tonite on Yahoo and MSN.

Both Yahoo and MSN suck even worse than Google assuming that you're actually trying to find stuff. Google is the best of a bad bunch.. the only other search engine I had any time for was Alltheweb and Yahoo killed it. Stupid.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Trust
    Your right something is up with Yahoo. My site was # 7 in Yahoo for several months. It is now nowhere to be found. I am hoping this is just temporary.

Bob

ABW Ambassador

I always had a lot of respect for the relevancy of results from the AllTheWeb (the old FAST) search engine.

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Nice to see Haiko standing up for his spamming, cookie stuffing buddies. Wish he'd make an effort to help the SE's weed out these clone site tricksters that drag the legit sites down with them when they sink like the Titanic. Guess I was right that the one's ABW folks are often complaining about are ABWers. You can't expect this board to openly tar and feather the likes of 180Solutions without bringing down any slimeballs we encounter daily broadcasting publically their tricks in the SERPs daily.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Nice to see Haiko standing up for his spamming, cookie stuffing buddies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike,

I removed the religous bullpucky rant you had before the Whois information.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread