When you get a site into DMOZ, how long does it take before things start to happen? Higher PR and stuff like that?

Thanks
    Steve
    Deleted

It's the same as any other link. It may be a couple of months before the pr is assigned.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Once listed, you should get a higher PR in a month or so.

Don't put too much stock in DMOZ. I have a site listed in DMOZ with good PR but I am not getting traffic at all - it's just in a bad category for making any money and getting traffic. Another site is not listed but yet has better traffic (due to better search optimization) and is making all the income.

You can't put too many aff ads in a DMOZ site, but you can put adsense on. Traffic=Income
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

The PageRank boost from a DMOZ listing doesn't seem to come all at once.. it looks like you get PageRank from both dmoz.org and the Google directory, but Google updates only every few months or so from dmoz.org.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    The PageRank boost from a DMOZ listing doesn't seem to come all at once.. it looks like you get PageRank from both dmoz.org and the Google directory, but Google updates only every few months or so from dmoz.org. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Not just Google and DMOZ itself, the "clones" each contribute a tiny bit, too.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread