I've found a few posts relating to blogs and adsense, but didn't have my questions answered - so I'm bringing it up again. I hope I'm not retreading anything here.

Is anyone on here a regular blogger? I know adsense seems to be popular amongst sports and political bloggers. The content is targeted, and I'm sure the popular ones do really well.

I started a humor blog recently and the content is less targeted. Google seems to really like it and spiders it regularly. I am starting to get several hits a day from keyword searches off both Google and MSN, and this is after only three weeks. I average around 100 unique hits daily.

I selected a blogging tool that makes a static HTML page for every post - with the title in the filename (i.e.: www.blog.com/see_the_movie_anchorman.htm) And then the title repeated at the top of the page in a +1 font. This is obviously good for SEO.

So I see some potential here. My question regarding adsense is: I know adsense spiders your site and places ads related to a page's content. Does it do this often? Will it rethink the relevancy of an ad if content changes?

If I put adsense code in my page's template, will the ads vary from page to page as served by Google dynamically? Or would I have to do it manually?

Although my content overall is less targeted than political or sports blogs, I could target certain topics I think would have high search volumes when I write, and I'm hoping adsense will generate different ads for each of the static article pages. i.e. I write an article about a movie I saw, the blogging software creates a static page with the movie title in the page title - with many references in say a 500 word article - and adsense dynamically generates an ad for say - a DVD retailer on that page from code I have in the template.

Does it work this way, or have I lost the plot?

Not expecting any real money, but paying for hosting this way would be nice. Any related comments people want to share would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

- TPB

TPB,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

Hoping your "wallet" becomes a "double wide" ... http://www.blogstoriches.com/ - Jim is a Member here, feel free to PM him with any qs
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

A reply from the 'man' himself. Hi Haiko, and thanks. I will drop him a line.

-TPB

A follow up - I added AdSense to my blog last night. The ads on the main page are generated as blog related ads, but when you drill down to any of the article specific pages, you get some interesting results.

- I wrote a few articles about the DNC, and boston apartment/Kerry Edwards campaign related ads show up.

- I wrote an article where I mention how bad my friend's goatee is, and an ad shows up for goatee shaving oil.

- I wrote an article about a TV show I like, and ads to buy the DVDs show up (NOW we're talking!)

Found a good ad style that fits well into one of my borders and am very happy with it.

Anyone who cares to look can check it out here: http://www.david.pye.com/blog

Have a great weekend everybody!

Tp You can put the google adsnese ad in the templete and not worry about it. It will adjust automatically to the pages content. Good luck with the site
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Thanks Falcon. It's already in the template.

Adsense is really cool. Gotta admit it. Anyone disagree?

Wow! $3 in 2 weeks. At this rate, I'll be able to get a new pair of jeans by Christmas.

But seriously folks. Does anyone make any serious money from Adsense - or is it usually just more supplementary?

http and a telephoto
    I tried to go to your blog and got a page not found error, is the url above correct?

Also, some people make very serious money with AdSense. I make decent money. TOS states you can't discuss specifics, but it is definitely worth having, especially on a content site that has good traffic.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's serious money, but some subjects draw ads which pay a lot more than others. Which subjects you write about will influence the potential payment a lot.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Try again, loxly - there's nothing wrong with the URL. I'd like to know what you think: http://www.david.pye.com/blog/

I recently wrote about the new Goodfellas DVD and related ads are showing up on the article specific page. I wrote about a garlic festival I went to, and garlic ads are showing up. I mentioned Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar in another artile and related ads are showing up.

I am averaging 50 unique visitors a day, and am getting lots of love from Google. A little piece I wrote about Victoria Gotti gets 5-10 Google hits every day. I am SO getting whacked.

I dig it. Very cool. I'll be adding AdSense to all my sites.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread