Anyone use Enhance Interactive?
    I keep getting calls from them so I'm wondering if I should tell them to buzz off or give em a try...

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

ABW Ambassador
    Old Ah-ha is now Enhance Interactive.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I remember when Ah-Ha came here on a challenge from me a posted some smoke and mirrors spin ...then ran like hell. Is there a search bar BHO or PPCSE trademark trickster who doesn't use AH-Ha (Enhance Interactive) for doing their dirty junk traffic account draining tricks?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I tried them, but was pretty disappointed in the results. I let my balance run out and haven't replenished it.

I haven't found a PPC SE yet that even comes close to Google AdWords and Overture. Most generate about 1/10th of the conversions for me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I remember when it took 8 months to use $50 at Ah-Ha.

Then suddenly their traffic increased, and just as suddenly the account started needing refills, but when I asked "how," I got a politician's sidestepping and general comments about the company's "growth."

They didn't seem to be bring more conversions, despite the extra traffic, so I quit funding the account.

They did try pestering me on the phone but it seems that the always-on answering machine discouraged them. I remember reading that people who pick up their phones without prescreening the calls were incessantly bothered with sales pitches from them, at all odd hours!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

A couple of folks from Enhance came to Boston recently to meet with us (I work for an online ad agency). Their distribution network has grown extensively over the last year, and their interface is really easy to use (although I don't like the fact that you can't group keywords for separate reporting.)

I have kicked the tires on every PPC vendor out there. And you're right, Coley - the conversions are never as good. But you get what you pay for, right? You will get traffic from 2nd & 3rd tier vendors. On the cheap. And if you're using enough of them, it is worthwhile.

I pay anywhere from $0.05 to $0.75 on Google and Overture. I average $0.11 on Google and $0.19 on Overture. Even at the $0.03 minimum on Enhance.com, I couldn't convert well enough to produce positive ROI. I could probably identify maybe 5% of my keywords that would have a positive ROI on Enhance at $0.03, but the number of conversions I would produce that way would be minuscule.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It sounds reminiscent of Kanoodle.

I think I'll stick with Google and Overture.

Thanks for the info all.

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

Findwhat and Looksmart are worth a look too. Different keywords/subjects do better on different distribution networks.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread