It looks like everybody up here is trying to please Google so that they can improve their rankings with it. Naturally, Google is a business, and all that it cares about is making more mnoey. It does not care about the content or the quality of our pages. It only cares about things that contribute to it in the making of more money. So, everybody looks down upon pages with many links because it is generally perceived that such pages are of no content. This is absolutely ridiculous. Links are what made Google and Yahoo what they are today. Basically, they are nothing else than a bunch of pages with links and advertisements. It is pretty laborious and complicated to actually collect genuine and appropriate links from various sources, and then format them, list them, refresh them, evaluate them, etc., etc. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pages with links. Many times, these independent pages are much better than whatever you get from Google, Yahoo, etc.
    Maybe we should start complaining to Google for the engine's behaviour towards pages with many links, instead of practically trying to "beg" them to list us after their ... $11.00, or so, per click ads have appeared on top of us.

huhu

ABW Ambassador
    What??

And why do you keep starting SE discussions in the CJ forum?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Moved to Search Engine Insight...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    As normal huhu, you are confusing and wrong.

I have multiple sites that are nothing but links and google loves them. But hey, I don't have a phd and expensive scripts either...

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maybe we should start complaining to Google ............ instead of practically trying to "beg" them to list us after their ... $11.00, or so, per click ads have appeared on top of us. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Google could very well say, justifiably, "Maybe we should start charging folks for the privilege of being included on one of the internet's top search engines...."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    As normal huhu, you are confusing and wrong.

I have multiple sites that are nothing but links and google loves them. But hey, I don't have a phd and expensive scripts either...

Chet <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hehe, you kill me Chet.

Personally, I think the SE's should pay us for using our sites as their content.

I know i'm dreaming.
    Deleted

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Personally, I think the SE's should pay us for using our sites as their content <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then there would be more complaining by webmasters as the steaming cesspool of duplicate content would swirl at an exponentially increasing rate.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread