Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Lots of talk over at webmasterworld about loosing or gaining 80% of google traffic. Anyone here notice a big change in the last day? Today?

I got killed on the 7th of this month. I hope it comes back with this update/flux/googlescrewup.

How do the results look in your area? Some say they see spam way up and others say they look great.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I got whacked last night from my domain hosting company. Seems like the extortion idiots at DomainHost.com decided to take down my site as it exceeded its 4 GB/month limit yesterday evening. Too much Google traffic. Had to wait for an hour on the phone to get it turned back on as they wanted immediate payment of 3.95 for an extra 5GB of bandwidth. Friggin hosting company blasted every visitor with a domainHost WEBMASTER PLEASE CONTACT US full page redirect on every entry point.

Need I remind everyone not to use DomainHost in case your traffic didn't get whacked for spammy SEO/SEM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    My Google traffic is down as much as 90%. Started sometime last night. I am clueless. What's going on?

no idea. Looks like it's permanent though. Whatever changes they made earlier this month, will stick and then some. royally screwed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KCEdit:
    My Google traffic is down as much as 90%. Started sometime last night. I am clueless. What's going on? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

depends how their site is doing. if their site is no where to found google sucks, if it's on top google is the greatest. Check your logs though because some gain and others lose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sid_:
    Lots of talk over at webmasterworld about loosing or gaining 80% of google traffic. Anyone here notice a big change in the last day? Today?

I got killed on the 7th of this month. I hope it comes back with this update/flux/googlescrewup.

How do the results look in your area? Some say they see spam way up and others say they look great. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still on the front page for my main search phrases

However they are using my image tags to describe the site which is very interesting.

I definitely see some changes in Google as of this weekend and yesterday. A couple of my sites are still running at about 25-30% their normal traffic but one site has passed them all up. Google doubled the traffic to this site yesterday and today looks great. It's difficult for me to say what percentage I've recovered quite yet, but I'll keep you posted on how this week turns out. I'm happy to finally see some of my traffic return!!

Also, my highest traffic, oldest site is getting more traffic than ever from Google, more than 20x more traffic than Yahoo. This site is entirely unique so I definitely see how Google is rewarding unique content.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Google traffic hasn't budged all month. I get 50% of my searh engine traffic from google (20% from Yahoo). It's been fairly consistent, no changes..

They're calling this one the monkey update.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    They're calling this one the monkey update. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And why's that?

My traffic is exactly the same. Got a little bump around the beginning of the months, but so far I see that today and yesterday are no different. I could be wrong, but let's hope not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snib:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    They're calling this one the monkey update. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And why's that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe

Just trying to start something to see if it sticks. ie florida update lol.

ABW Ambassador
    Every site I've got that has LS links has gotten killed. Checking a bunch of my keywords, I see no sites on the first couple of pages that have affiliate links!

My sites without affiliate links or with indies haven't been hit as badly.

Have the new stock holders changed the company already
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyfalcon:
    Have the new stock holders changed the company already <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heheh, I can see it right now...

Investors: "Your latest algorithm change seems to have hurt your AdSense clickthroughs, how about you bring a few more of those sites up to the front."

Search engine placement seems OK. Traffic seems OK. Pr seems OK.

But, what happened to the buyers?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Search engine placement seems OK. Traffic seems OK. Pr seems OK.

But, what happened to the buyers? ~Ssanf <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When there's good traffic but no buying going on, I often get a spikelet a couple of days later. It tells me that usually the normal amount people do end up deciding to buy, they just wait a bit sometimes for some unknown reason.

Long live the cookies!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> When there's good traffic but no buying going on <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the traffic part that is a problem for some right now with google doing the mexican hat dance this time.

They are too busy watching the stock ticker now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When there's good traffic but no buying going on, I often get a spikelet a couple of days later. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that Leader. The inverse is also true for me. When my traffic dumps, but the sales keep going...it's usually a few days until my sales dump too.

Ecomcity go over to Netfirms ang get yourself some real bandwidth. I've never had a problem with them. Lots of goodies. No extra fees either.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

As of yesterday, my clicks throughs are a 1/4 of what they were!! This is the 1st time that I have seen it this bad! (Info: I do not use product data feeds or google adsense)Up till yesterday this has been my best month this year! Sure hope Google updates again soon and it gets back to normal or better!

I don't know if this is related, but the internet in general seems very very slow! All the college kids going online in school?

Tami

ABW Ambassador
    I am noticing google sending traffic to my old unconnected (not linked to) pages. Anyone else seeing old results?

Maybe they have some old results in while they update the index?

Maybe they dropped the ball and they are serving up old results with a new algo and it sucks?

Tami,
    My internet does not seem slow but my traffic is way down. Good luck.

"Tami,
    My internet does not seem slow but my traffic is way down. Good luck."

Sid, my traffic is also down, 1/3 of what it was on 08/23/04. I am amazed how fast it can drop. I have had fluxes before but nothing like this!
    The slow internet seems to be my cable companies problem.

Good luck to you and everyone, on getting the google traffic back soon!

Tami

Same here. Biggest drop in years starting on August 25. This drop follows the one earlier this month when the datafeed pages were picked off by Google.

But now my other affiliate non-datafeed pages - almost of my hand coded affiliate pages are now gone from the top 10 in Google - many were #1.

It's like my affiliate pages - straight hand coded HTML (Remember the old affiliate marketing saying - a page a day keeps the bill collectors away) were hunted down one by one and zapped by Google.

The strictly content pages with no affiliate links are still in same position they have been for years.

So google is following the dmoz model now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast