ABW Ambassador
    I have been getting more hits from froogle lately. Here is my latest google conspiracy theory. I think I may be onto something this time… really.

The latest google change makes it hard (harder) to find a product to buy, but easier to do research on. For instance the manufacture is coming up a lot in my searches and mentions of the product in news stories. This in turn is causing frustrated customers that have already hit the adwords a dozen times to start thinking about the other google revenue channel ….err oops I mean froogle. This means google can have their geeky library type serps back and get the interest and revenue from merchants still.

At the same time merchants, affiliates and the like, up their adwords spend. I’m seeing 2nd and 3rd hand terms up to .25 to .35 cents. I have also seen many “Well time to go to adwords for solid traffic” posts all across the boards I watch.

IF google did not pre-think this then they sure are lucky buggars cuz it’s working out just swimmingly for them.

But Froogle is free - not a google revenue channel - or am I missing something?

ABW Ambassador
    1. More sponsored links
    2. How long will it be until they are putting ads at the top if they are not already?
    3. Now they can say that google is more relevant to searches and drive the shoppers to the adwords. I would bet a month's wages that adwords clicks and signups were up in august by far for google.

Sid

I noticed the same thing with my stats also. Lots of referrers from froogle. Im definitely not complaining before Christmas

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread