More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I have been getting a bunch of requests for link swaps with people associated with 5 star shine. They all offer free "Gorilla Marketing" . These almost seem like link farms. One site had no google PR yet had 1000's of links up so they had been around a while. My hunch is to stay away from these types of trades. Any input?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I just received a link exchange request from one of those and it was a straight affiliate site for a SAS merchant with a forum here at ABW. Nothing looked suspicious after carefully checking out their site. One thing I have noticed about these sites is that the home page is a PR4 or PR5 that links directly (with one click) to their well established links page which is always a PR0.
    ~Ernie

ABW Ambassador
    I can't stand those people & their spam... In fact, on a new automotive site/forum someone asked about using the 5 star shine products & I explained their "marketing" tactics & they lost some customers

It's not just them, but all of the people following the gorilla marketing techniques & doing the same exact thing! I get so many duplicate emails from all sorts of long-domains-with-lots-of-dashes.com sites and it really gets old. What really gets under my skin is when they contact me about my site at http://www.mydomain.com/contact.html or some other random sub page they come across, or when they want me to place a link on my links page that is run by a top sites script which they can add their link to themselves, but since they're too lazy to do it the right way and their script/bot doesn't know the difference, it just wastes my time.
    For a while I was replying and saying I will only exchange links for same PR, and since their front page typically has the same PR as my links page, that should be fair, right?
    Guess who never got a reply...... :P
    Hi, I'm a signature.

If you don't mind my asking . . which top sites script are you using and where did you get it?

I would like to use one of the top sites scripts on one of my sites, but have not been able to locate the one I want.

ABW Ambassador
    For those, I'm just using AutoRank, which I believe you can find on cgi-works.net
    Hi, I'm a signature.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread