If so, how did you go about handling it. I got the email that my AdSense account has been disabled due to fraudulent clicks -- which is NOT the case.

I am wondering if they sent this to me as a result of my numbers going up dramatically in the last 6 weeks??

The numbers went up because:
    1. I moved the location and format of the ads on my pages,
    2. Yahoo came alive and suddenly (literally overnight) I am getting 4 times the traffic I was getting before.

(My pages are hitting in the top 5 for VERY generic keywords -- it is not surprising to me that site visitors are clicking on Google Ads.)

I responded to Google (with utmost politeness) to the email that there must be some sort of a mistake.

Anyone have any insight on this? Any idea how long Google might take to reply to my response?

I was infuriated when I first read the email, now I am disappointed and confused!
    GRRRRR
    - I am not young enough to know everything

Already got a response from them indicating they would review the termination and

* POOF *

- Ads are back on my sites????

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Good to hear! My dealings with google (adsense and adwords) have always been good - they will take time to look into matters.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

And......

the ads are gone again.

Thanks Cheesehead -- that's encouraging!

I was accused of false clicks but they never removed me.

I've never been accused and I've sent extreme fluctuations in clicks to them. From 0 to a few thousand in a day so I wouldn't think increases set off many alarms.

Yes, it would seem logical that does happen - to have a sudden increase in clicks. This was my only guess as to why my account was disabled.

I have no idea what else it could be. I don't do ANYTHING that would result in fraudulent clicks.

I don't get it and I am discouraged. I was doing very well with the ads.

Unfortunately, the ads are still turned off. Not sure if I should start editing web pages to get rid of the white space where the ads once were??!!

Do you have some friend that knows you make money from adsense and is clicking each day to unknowingly "help" you out? My father-in-law clicked on a few of his own ads (that I set up for him) but fortunately I caught this right away. If this is a possibility, do a little investigating and let google know if this is the case.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Cheesehead, Thanks for the idea. But no -- my friends/family really don't understand what I do. They don't even know what my affiliate site domains are -- just my company domain.

I did see someone in my logs who kept visiting my site daily, and keep refreshing every so often -- like 12 visits per day for a couple of weeks -- but my clicks for that particular site (AdSense channel) did not go up. I figured it was someone trying to emulate my site???

Any other ideas?

I haven't heard back from Google since their initial reply last night, and ads are still turned off. I did email them a second time to try to provide more info to them. I can't log in as the account is completely terminated. I CANNOT believe this.

How long should I wait before emailing them again to inquire?

Is there some other way I can contact them other than replying to the email or using the generic contact form on the Adsense site?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seems like someone is suffering from the Gonads syndrome. "Google Optimized No Ads" will be a new plague by those who just optimize doorway pages for Adwords click income.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying that I have doorway pages JUST for AdSense???

Not the case...this is a legitimate content site, with affiliate links that do fairly well, and AdSense ads that do (DID) very well.

The site was not designed for AdSense. In fact, the site was up for months before I ever added AdSnse. I'll be happy to PM you the url if you'd like to see it.

If that is not what you meant -- can you elaborate? I am sincerely attempting to get advice on how I should proceed to work out the issue with Google.

Adwords is the cash cow of Google. Now they have multi-million dollar payouts for clicks they will trackdown and whack the affiliate click cheats as they realize they and the trademark violators undermine their legit Advertiser service. One undermines their intent to put shoppers in touch with sellers based upon page content. Using doorway pages (not that you would ever do it) with the only exit being a Adwords link will be tried by rogue affiluates, who have 100,000 page generator datafeeds. Google has the ability to recognize mirrored feed pages that also contain Adwords.

The other group who prey upon trademarks cause Google legal fees and bad PR. Your case appears to be a mistake and they should respond to clear up any errors on your part. I see no other person here having this problem. Google will not allow the tricks for clicks crowd to sour their ebiz plan. Yahoo/Overture -Findwhat -Looksmart -Ah-Ha and all the other PPCSE's could give a hoot how their keyword accounts get drained. No other PPCSE service converts anywhere near the ratio of Adwords and that's Google's main selling point.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ok Mike, I'll bite that bait - I am VERY familiar with the business practices of Google and their competitors. I completely understand -- and applaud -- Google for protecting the interests of their advertisers!

You make a big assumption that that this mistake is a result of errors on my part. Particularly if you imply that such might be intentional. Otherwise, perhaps your post is just a rant??? I'm still trying to figure it out.

I may be quilty (unknowingly) of a mistake. Don't you think I deserve to know what that mistake is? Maybe you don't think so -- but I do. If this can happen to me, it can happen to you! I am glad to know it hasn't happened to many on ABW!

For what it is worth, my site has a whopping 47 pages, all hand-coded and hand-written. I know you are a big advocate of CONTENT -- and I wrote every friggin word of every page on the site.
    I worked very hard on it, continued to work hard on it - and was making good money with AdSense. (I realize 'good money' is a relative term, but let's just say that I was making half my mortgage payment (just from AdSense) ..and I have a 4BR home in a town near the bay in South Texas.

You have no idea how defeating this feels - especially when I am attemtping to resolve it through communication to Google, and I basically get generic responses - I have offered very specific information in my own defense and they don't seem interested in it.

Put yourself in my shoes -- I am an honest hard working person who despises those who make money by tricks. As well, one of my biggest pet peeves is injustice.

So, keep this in mind - one response I got from Google reminded me that they can terminate anyone anytime for anything. Sort of a "just because" feeling I was left with. If I have done something wrong, I would like to know it because I honestly have no clue.

I thought perhaps others here might have some insight or information that would be helpful. I read ABW everyday, seldom post, but trust what most have to say here. I can't say the same for other forums. So, when in need, go to those you trust, right?

I do appreciate the suggestions as to what could be the cause/resolution. And I do appreciate the forum overall.

SO, if anyone has other suggestions or experiences with my dilemma, I'd LOVE to hear about it.

What's the update on this? I would hope that Google could clear this up. If not, then yes I will start to worry too (about the same thing happening). It really is demoralizing to play by the rules and then get blindsided while there is all kinds of "real" fraud going on. I know I would sure hate to lose adsense as they are probably the most reliable source of income (even though not a lot for me as of now).
    Keep trying to get this resolved and good luck.

Google's Adwords is targeted, like all the other PPCSE's, by a clickcheat gang of phoney traffic peddlers. Just the get "Paid To Read" PTR programs account for most of the PPCSE fraud. Affiliates using PPCSE's to drive traffic to their pages will be victimized by the PTR operators. Google wants all "incentive" click programs to cease to exist as they undermine Googles advertiser relationships by mass influx of junk/non-buying traffic.

I've heard many stories of AdSense publishers having their accounts disabled, but fewer where Google has actually responded.

I guess though that Google's AdSense Fraud department must be working their collective butts off, and what's actually happened is that *something* has triggered an automated process. It might be some time before a human responds, bearing in mind the high levels of actual, real fraud.

Good luck. I hope you get through to a real person soon!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Thanks Dynamoo!

I am MORE than ecstatic to report that after another email this afternoon, the account is back on!

Still no reason as to why it was flagged -- and you are right -- I am sure they are swamped investigating sites.

For what it is worth, now that I can log in to my account, I see that a payment was approved on Sept 16. The payment was nearly 500% more than the previous payment. Sept 16 was also the day the account was terminated.

I still say there is a connection there, because I have done absolutely NOTHING that violates their Terms and Conditions.

Maybe they audit like the IRS? A big jump in earnings and I am one of the unlucky ones that got flagged??

BTW, Google was very prompt in responding to my email -- they just wouldn't give me any specifics when I asked.

I am very relieved, to say the least!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Google wants all "incentive" click programs to cease to exist as they undermine Googles advertiser relationships by mass influx of junk/non-buying traffic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want them to cease to exist too! One, because I've been ripped off on PPC campaigns and two, I lost money this weekend because Google has a responsibility to its advertisers--even when it affects HONEST site owners.

Just keep in mind, it can happen to YOU too!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread