Hello, I have a question. Is it better to submit to SE's one at a time, or just use one submission tool that submits a page to a whole bunch of SE's like the one here at ABW? Thank you.

Adam Wall

Hi Adam, It all depends.. some ways work better then others. My advice is keep your meta tags clean, don't overuse keywords more then 3 times and submit your main page at least every 3 months. These are the tricks I used since 1996 and it hasn't failed me yet.. Respect the engines and they will do you well, although alot of news lately on how the engines are changing their ways, the key is find a good read and keep up to date on the latest developments so you can change something quickly if needed.

I use AddWeb and I like it alot.
    Web Position aint worth a penny.
    Submit Wolf is mostly all FFA's
    I also like Octopus.. pretty cool app.

Hope this helps Adam and best of luck
    with your ventures.

Kevin Andrews- GO WIRELESS
    BBUSA.Net Inc.

Just be careful not to submit too often and also be careful about auto submitters. Some search engines do not like them and may ban your site. Most web crawlers will come back if your site has good content. Focus more on your content and backlinks.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wallboy:
    ...or just use one submission tool that submits a page to a whole bunch of SE's like the one here at ABW?...
    Adam Wall <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What submission tool here at ABW?

Did I miss orientation day or what?

ABW Ambassador
    Just get links in. Forget about all the submission tools. You needs some links anyway for some keyword text, rankings, PR, that kind of thing. There's really only a few SE's that drive any kind of traffic: Google, Yahoo, MSN and whatever properties use them for their search. Ask Jeeves might give you a trickle but they all find your site via getting some links in.

"submit your main page at least every 3 months."

Complete waste of time.

Yep....experience has shown that the above is all true...I link to my new web sites from my established site...the google bot arrives...and see's them ok.

But....I also ask around and get on-topic links coming in...in exchange for on-topic links going out.

No link farm requests...just simple...'what text and where do you want me to point to' type questions...you'll find a lot of folk are willing to exchange links if you're professional and realistic about it.

It doesn't hurt to ask....but please, please take the time to ACTAULLY go and visit the site that you want to exchange with.

WE ALL HATE the guys that say...we've already added your link to www.blah-blah-blah and you know darn well it's just a Google results page or a PHP page that won't be there ever again....it's just a scam...if you want the SE to love you..go talk to real people and ask them real questions...and do it like you mean it...and make the links simple HTML text on a simple HTML page that's easily found from the home page of your site..with simple HTML links.

Malc - want to link exchange..then ask !!
    Adverts

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    That's exactly what I thought the scoop was.

They crawl the web via links... they don't look in the databases of the 3,000 cheese-butt "Submit Your Site Here for $29.95" scam sites.

But when I heard "the tool here at ABW", I did a double-take and thought I'd missed the bus...

Thanks for confirming I'm still comfortably riding along in the back row.

Speaking about links. If anyone is interested in doing a link exchange, please look:

Link exchanges

Also, is there a forum here at ABW where affiliates exchange links?
    The best things in life are not things at all...

ABW Ambassador
    No, there isn't a link exchanges forum, but that is a pretty good idea. I'll pass it on to Haiko and see what he thinks.

Why would anyone offer to exchange links with you? The page you refered us to has a PR0 and I do not see the page where the actual link would be anywhere.

You seem to have nothing to exchange.

You at least have to toss people a bone.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Link Exchanges forum would probably end up taking too much space but if it could somehow be filtered (NOT BY YOU G!!GlE)then that might be fun. Lots of rules though and descriminated for ABW users.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    &gt;The page you refered us to has a PR0

Today's PR0 might be tomorrow's PR6, at which time said site might be more discriminating with whom it will exchange links.

Link Exchange is about traffic and connectivity. PR is a low priority side benefit.

Woz
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Huh. I knew if I stuck around long enuff I'd learn something.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>don't overuse keywords more then 3 times <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can someone explain EXACTLY what this means?

Say I have a keyword, "widgets".
    I sell blue, red, and green (and so on) different colored "widgets".

In my keywords, I list, "widgets", "blue widgets", "red widgets", "green widgets", and so on.

Is that overusing the keyword "widgets"?

Thanks,
    Rick K.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    &gt;Is that overusing the keyword "widgets"?

I dont' think so, because you are using three different words with a combination of two words with the words widget in it, like "green widgets".

I think if it was used as:

green widgets,widgets,blue widgets,widgets,widgets,white widgets

then it might be bad because you will be using "widgets" by itself three times within the same keyword tag.

Hi Rick K, Yes... Even though you have separated the word "widgets" like it was mentioned DON'T USE KEYWORDS MORE THEN 3 TIMES.. A bot will normally stop by to scan thru your site from a top to bottom process and in the old days as things weren't that technical,the bots weren't so choosey either and they would just pick out all the words that match whats being called... Today the game has gotten more involved and now engines will drop a site to a lower position and even drop a site completely if they feel there is a violation that is occuring.

My advice is pick out 3 keywords or phrases that would best describe your site as well as words you feel will be typed by a person using the search engine.

Also focus alot on the title and make it really descriptive with a max of 60 chars I believe. Lastly make your site description very detailed taking an hour or 2 to jot down words and phrases that you feel would sell the person reading about your link,maybe even ask your friends what they would type for this particular search. remember this is a one shot deal so the person reading your link amoung all the others need to be given a reason to click yours at that time.

I hope this helps.
    also check out scrub abs on google,
    this is a real cool place to get some tips and make a clean meta tag without violating overuse of words , etc...

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Rarevos
    Crazy NJ Hummer Driver

A bot would look at the list you have as
    widgets=1
    widgets=2
    widgets=3
    even tho the word widget is accompanied by another word and seperated by a comma, I still believe the bot would penalize the site.. 3 word maximum is what I have been taught,

HOWEVER;

Also keep in mind that this is a crazy process and they are always changing policies, so it wouldn't hurt to maybe check out search engine reports by typing into google to learn the latest in SEO 101 ...

Hope this helps..
    Rarevos

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Link Exchange is about traffic and connectivity. PR is a low priority side benefit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread