Is it possible to give me some tips to improve my ads on google adwords... I'm getting low click conversion rates less than 1% and my ads always go offline.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    1. Make your target audience as broad as possible - lots of variety in ad.

2. Look at what is working for others.

3. Try different ads till something "clicks" (pun-intended).
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I differ from CheeseHead somewhat, but do want to say that a "right" answer is hard to find - it's more a feel your way and see what works for your particular situation. That said, I'd try:

1. Make your target audience as narrow as possible - if no one's clicking on your ad, maybe you're aiming too wide. Go for the rifle approach, not the shotgun.

2. Look at what others are doing, then do something very different so you stand out.

3. If you're bid is over $0.20 / click, take your disabled words and create a new-sub-campaign just with those keywords - bid them at half the amount you're currently at. This will yield fewer impressions and exposure than your higher bid of course - but two advantages I've found:

+Beats the ad being turned off - "some" is far better than "none" (disabled).

+You'll be down farther in the list - assuming you have compelling content, you be exposing it to people who have looked farther and harder to find it - it's been my experience that these people are more buyer-types and less just-window-shopping-types. It's weird to think that if you bid less that you're CTR will go up... but it has been the case with me for several (but not all) of the disabled keywords I've tried. Haiko posted a link the otehr day to a report concerning this observation... so I guess others have seen it too...

4) Widen your keyword list using tools that you can find referenced here at ABW - pick up traffic from those too lazy to spend the time finding more, more and more relevant keywords and combinations and permutations.

5) Try other PPCSEs to fatten your pipe. I assume you're doing this already - but consider doing it deeper as well. The work you do to get fat keyword lists for AdWords will also make the others you try a lot easier and more effective as well.

ABW Ambassador
    If you are using Adword's conversion tracking
    feature, pause it and see if your click thru
    rate improves. When you use their conversion
    tracking, your adwords url will have the word
    adclick in it, and this is causing Norton to
    block these ads. Ads not using the conversion
    tracking feature are not affected. I just
    recently paused the conversion tracking feature
    and my clickthru rate increased quite a bit.

Listen to Donuts you want to cast your net more narrowly, not more widely. Also, try using some "action words" or call to action in your title or description.

I did it! 2%
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 2. Look at what others are doing, then do something very different so you stand out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This helped me a lot!

Thank You Donuts and the others! You all are great.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Excellent!!!!!

I agree with donut the more narrow your ad the better convertion you are going to get&gt; you'll get less clicks but the clicks that you do get are with get better convertion on sales. You need to find that niche marketplace which i found is is very tricky

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread