Wow... I can't believe my eyes but I am seeing a PR update across all my sites... Anyone else seeing it? It's been a long time coming. Can't believe how happy that little green bar makes me.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    No change here.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

It's happening. Much excitement on this forum
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Nope. Was confidently expecting a PR7 on a site and still at PR6, everything else still the same.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Have you tried checking with this tool?

future PR tool

It's hard to say the PR really has much weight now. Even these new PR's that I'm seeing don't reflect too much on the repect Google is offering my sites. One site that's virtually sandboxed has a PR5 while my site that's earning the most income is a PR5 as well. My PR6 isn't quite my best producing site. This is practically meaningless now.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snib:
    It's hard to say the PR really has much weight now. Even these new PR's that I'm seeing don't reflect too much on the repect Google is offering my sites. One site that's virtually sandboxed has a PR5 while my site that's earning the most income is a PR5 as well. My PR6 isn't quite my best producing site. This is practically meaningless now.

- Scott <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I agree with that Scott. I have 7 sites which are sandboxed that are now showing a PR4 with no change to my results, but for exchanging links I think PR is important. I know I balk a little at exchanging links with sites with anything under a PR4 and if the site is showing a PR0, well... I have to be in a generous mood to agree to that. I know it shouldn't be that way, but it is and as long as Google is still showing PR, they should be updating it as well. It's only fair.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snib:

Are they sites on similar topics?

Maybe the PR6 site's keywords are searched less often than the PR5's keywords?

One of my sites has had it's PR restored back to the 5 it was before the last update that put it on 0. Transaction levels confirm that Google is supplying hoards of traffic to it once more. I'm a happy camper.

They're sites on different topics. I don't think the number of searches has much to do with it because I had a couple thousand visitors a day with this site, now it's down to 200-300. This is definitely Google's doing. At least I've managed to replace the lost income from this site. Hopefully someday I get my traffic back.

Pagerank has definately been updated, or is in the process of in some datacenters. It's all over the forums, all over the net.

However, I haven't seen any Pagerank update or transfer in any of my 301 redirects. Anyone having this problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>However, I haven't seen any Pagerank update or transfer in any of my 301 redirects. Anyone having this problem? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Rogi, I'm seeing the transferring of PR from my 301 redirects... so hopefully yours will show up soon too.

What factor(s) may cause a site to be in sandbox?.
    [url]www.kedoya.com[/url]

One site that's virtually sandboxed has a PR5 while my site that's earning the most income is a PR5 as well.

What does sandboxed mean?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Hi,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sandbox is an alleged Google phenomenon in which new sites rank well for a short time, two to three weeks, and then drop completely out of sight. Some dropped sites have high page rank but don't rank for even the least competitive of terms regardless of how well the pages are optimised. When this happens a site is classed as 'Sandboxed'. The Sandbox effect appears to be limited to sites that went online after the Florida update. (November 2003)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Malc - www.cheapautotools.com
    Adverts

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> new sites rank well for a short time, two to three weeks, and then drop completely out of sight. Some dropped sites have high page rank but don't rank for even the least competitive of terms regardless of how well the pages are optimised. When this happens a site is classed as 'Sandboxed'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does a site get UN-sandboxed?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I guess it just does...over time...if it's a well designed site..then it'll get the ranking it deserves...and hopefully wont drop too far (if at all) from the 1st results page

This is all a theory of course..google has never admitted it...as far as i'm aware...but if you search on google for 'Sandbox' you'll find plenty of articles about it.

Malc - www.cheapautotools.com
    Adverts

Yikes! I wonder if this is what happened. Around Oct 13 when the google page ranking changed most of my sites went from constantly growing to nada.
    My best seller went from 800 visits per day to under 75, sales from $25-$50 per day down to almost nothing.
    I'm frantic how to get it back up where it was, I depend heavily on the income I was getting!

I cannot get out of the 200 - 250 visits per day cycle. I am indexed and have some good listings but I have been in this traffic cycle for about 4 months now.

I am having a heck of a time converting from those visitors as well.

I read all I can here and implement but it just doesn't seem to improve results.

Several of my new sites are not even getting indexed. One has been online for 6 months and still isn't getting listed.

Frustrating to hear of others results when I can't even get a site indexed.

Oh well put my nose to the grindstone and keep on going.
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

Google is really tough to deal with lately. They're indexing only a small percentage of pages from each site and the age and prominence of the site seems to determine what % they'll index. I'm noticing a slight decline right now and many sites are getting fewer and fewer pages indexed. Google is really putting a lot of focus on the well established sites. It's really difficult to figure out what exactly is going on, but one thing is for sure - We can't rely on Google for quick traffic anymore. They've decided to regulate so much that unless you have a major business behind your site, you won't come up very easily.

I think Google needs to come to a happy medium though. I'm noticing a lot of out dated results. When I search for products I get older versions of the products on sites that wrote articles years ago. They're putting too much focus on what's old and established. Hopefully they'll realize this mistake and start working with more up to date information.

In any event, you just have to offer some value and try not to rely on search engine traffic. If you can offer a valuable resource with information that people actually want, they'll come back. Just keep focusing on giving people what they want.

- Scott

Let's see, my one site has been around for 3 years, it went from totally cheesy to not so bad. 3 months ago I started datafeeds, sales went up drastically until Oct 13 (the google crash)
    Any suggestions where to go now? I'm stumped and don't want to waste time changing everything without having an idea.

I think Google may like a site better if it's constantly changing. I just added a feature that automatically removes out of stock items from my datafeed sites and it seems to have helped. It also helps to shuffle things around a lot which I do automatically on a regular basis. If Google sees pages going stale it'll look the other way.

- Scott

So I'm looking for a Notebook on Google and the first 3 results are over a year old:

powerbook G4 17" review

What's up with that!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    So I'm looking for a Notebook on Google and the first 3 results are over a year old:

powerbook G4 17" review

What's up with that! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Key to new algo: Don't update sh*t? (Kidding!)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread