Which one is better in the context of SEO?
    [url]www.kedoya.com[/url]

Assuming both links are equal, an incoming link only should be better than a link where you're linking back them. I read that this is because they view this as an actual "vote" for a site and not a link swap. A traded link is also counted as a vote but may not carry as much weight as a one way link.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I can understand why the SE's do this, but it has spawned a large group of cheaters just like in other areas of this business. I have found more of my links removed without notice. Or, my link is moved to another domain. Or, link is put on a redirect page. Or, my link is put on a page that blocks SE access (htaccess file). I'm getting so tired of these tricks I feel like pulling all links from my site. I get about 20 link exchange requests a day and only reciprocate about two of them. The rest of my time is wasted looking at link farms and searching for all the BS tricks.
    ~Ernie

I stopped doing link exchanges 3 months ago it is just not worth the time and effort. Make your site good so that people will want to link to it. With the time you spend doing link exchanges you could of made your site link worthy.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I almost never do link exchanges. The free ones are what counts most anyway. I just interlink my own sites.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    This subject just came up at SEW with a link to
    cre8asite and I think it is an important issue.

http and a telephoto
    The 20 link enchanges requests a day you are getting via email are autogenerated and will get you no where. Link to sites you like, sites that like you will link to you. Contact other webmasters that you actually KNOW and work out real exchanges. And list yourself in small niche directories.

Works for me.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I use small niche directories too. and they contribute 33% of my traffic. And it is rising because I'm finding more each day.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

can you please list some niche directories?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread