Google just hit me hard the other day and spidered over 25,000 pages in a single day. This really hasn't happened for several months and I'm curious if anybody has seen this lately? It's been dry for the past few months, maybe only getting 2500 pages spidered each month until now. My pages indexed went from 12k to 19k down to 8k for a while down to 4k from time to time. Now it's around 7k. It's moving around much more frequently lately. It seems Google will index or de-index on a whim. I even see the numbers change as I hit refresh.

I'm also seeing a lot of fluctuation on the amount of traffic Google gives me. It's very inconsistent and moves up and down by 100 or 200 visitors each day. It seems they're getting much faster at reorganizing their data.

Any insight is welcome.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I normally have 15 to 30 google bots on my site at any given time and I haven't seen a change and doing a google search I just see 10K new pages listed.

Yes Snib, I've seen google hammering hard on a couple of sites recently.... hope it's good!

What I'm hoping is Google just spent the past 3 months flushing out all the old outdated spam and is now ready to bring in a lot of new information. Got my fingers crossed!

- Scott

Google had me at the top for my keywords up until March or so and then it dropped me like a hot potatoe. Now Google doesn't have a single page indexed for my site. I am wondering if this is to cause more people to sign up to their PPC program and make them more $$$? I've also seen this with my competitors, and they in turn have started using their PPC program to be listed with Google. It's all about the Mighty Dollar...

Special Agent,

Hows your PR and incoming links? You need a good handful of strong incoming links to hold any sort of position now. I would say at least 5 to 10 PR4+ links to get yourself a PR5 where you'll still have trouble getting Google to offer you traffic. On top of that you need to keep each and every page on your site fresh. The more dynamic things are, the more Google seems to respect you. I've found if you let links go stale, Google will focus elsewhere.

- Scott

There's about 500 recirprocal links for this specific site, with a recirprocal links directory. However, one of my competitors has about 40,000 links to their site without a reciprocal links directory. I just can't figure out how they have so many incoming links without even having to recriprocate those links.
    As for the content, I am currently trying to figure out how to connect to my merchants xml data feed so that I can add dynamic content and keep the site fresh. Any ideas or should I just get a book on PHP and try to figure it out that way?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Snib:
    I would say at least 5 to 10 PR4+ links to get yourself a PR5 where you'll still have trouble getting Google to offer you traffic.

Remember tho that PR has nothing to do with traffic or rankings.

I don't think PR has much to do with rankings, but I do know that Google won't even spider your site unless you've got sites with a strong enough PR to send those spiders over to you.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread