Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Hi,
    Does it make a difference to the search engines if you use domain forwarding compared to purchasing a domain name through your web host?

For example: I usually purchase domain names through GoDaddy but I don't have my sites hosted by them, I just use their forwarding option.
    Will the search engines penalize me for this or does it not matter?
    Thanks!

Where are you redirecting to?

If your hosted someplace else usually you change the Domain Name Servers (DNS) to point to the name servers that are associated to your hosting account. Then you don't need to redirect.
    You don't have to be hosted at the same place you register your name at. In fact godaddy sucks as a website host IMO.

I don't know if Google penalizes for Domain Forwarding/Redirects. If that is what you ultimatly want to do.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't know if Google penalizes for Domain Forwarding/Redirects. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not sure either, but my "parked with redirect" domains at godaddy show the info from the index of the domain they are forwarded to on Google.... I THINK this is a new thing with Google and I can't believe it can be good.... is this doorway sites? or just duplicate content??? Perhaps Markmark will comment on the whole thing?

Personally I'm leaning towards removing parked forwarded domains because of this....

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Thanks!
    As I have it now, I have several sub domains for different types of sites with 1 hosting account. So instead of showing xxx.com/xxx, I would like each one to look different and not show the original .com in the url.

Maybe I am not looking in the right places, but each web host I have tried only hosts one main domain and unlimited sub domains.

Is there a better way?

BTW, I have learned more in these last 2 weeks since I found this BBS board then the last few years combined. I've read almost every ebook, purchased umteen programs that give you "insight" into affiliate marketing etc. and 99% are all hype and crap. It's hard to learn when you are always pointed in the wrong direction (or they leave a piece out so you have to buy another ebook).
    If I think about all the time and money I have wasted

This place is the real deal!

you want to do URL framing... this is where you domain xxx.com points to fff.com/ddd.html

when your visitor tyoes in xxx.com they are redirected to fff.com/ddd.html but their address bar shows xxx.com

you need a registar that offers this service...

enom offers this, as do several others...

godaddy offer url forwarding and URL masking a good second choice...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread