Hi,

I see people here saying that they are using adsense, I have some pages on my website that are receiving many hits, but the merchant doesn't convert - so I'm thinking about replacing the merchant with adsense so at least I would start making some money from all those hits - so I went to sign up, and I saw this in the policies:

"No Google ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant. "

Well I'm not posting any articles or etc. on my pages, like many affiliates, my page is for selling the product and that's about it, so can I signup?!

Also I didn't understand how much do you earn for every click, they are avoiding this subject on their FAQ, I didn't get it...

thanks!

Animal Lover
    You don't get told how much you get per click - that's classified. In fact, you're not even supposed to tell anyone how much you earn from adsense.

Whether they approve your site is their perogative. You can only try. My sites were content with sales mixed and they approved me even though I thought like you they would refuse me flat because they were clearly affiliate sites.

good luck,
    Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, go ahead and sign up.

If thepage isn't converting sales for you, may as well get paid on some of the exit traffic; let them hit one of your adsense panels instead of the "back" button.

"how much do you earn for every click, they are avoiding this subject"

They don't say, but rest assured that they are not chiseling. In many cases, even on pages that DO convert sales, the Adsense ads yield more cash per click than the merchant commissions do. Adsense has been the holy grail for many of us.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flip:

"No Google ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant. "
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, this concerned me also. I believe they mean don't create pages with nothing but a little content and adsense ads. I believe it is OK to add adsense to pages that have a purpose without adsense, even if they are affiliate pages. I notice, however, there are a lot of pages with nothing but a few lines for the search engines & adsense - I wouldn't try it though since this is a violation and they may eventually remove the account.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CheeseHead:
    I notice, however, there are a lot of pages with nothing but a few lines for the search engines & adsense. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have seen this too, there are hundreds of sites nothing on them except for adsense. I even came across few sites they even try the force click theory as well. Plus auto clickers software add to the misery. I dont know how they get approved, how they survive and for how long. I have done PPC adverts for a while, when I saw these kind of sites I used to turn off the "content network" option. Sure it brings a little traffic than the option turned on but at least its more targeted rather than forced clicks or auto clicks.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Its definitely worth a test. Run AdSense for a month and see what your average CPC is versus what your average commissions per click is through your merchant links.

Yes adsense has been the holy grail for me. This is an example of what affilate marketing should be like. If all merchants and networks operated like this it would be a wonderful world.

Flip,
    Go ahead and sign up. I have one site that is totally a product site, promoting an affiliate program. Adsense helps out there.

When you join adsense, you only have to do so once, for one website.

Then you make other campaigns for other websites you may build.

I think that's how some of the "ad farms" get away with placing adsense on their link farms.

If Google finds out, they'll be yanked. But as far as I know, an affiliate product site is O.K.

Give it a shot. You don't have anything to lose.

Later,
    Rick K.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

I wouldn't REPLACE the merchant link. Instead, just add a very prominent AdSense ad.

If you replace the merchant link with AdSense, the page is essentially only for AdSense, which they might argue breaks their rules.

If you just add an ad, the primary purpose of the page is still to promote a specific product.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    I wouldn't REPLACE the merchant link. Instead, just add a very prominent AdSense ad.

If you replace the merchant link with AdSense, the page is essentially only for AdSense, which they might argue breaks their rules.

If you just add an ad, the primary purpose of the page is still to promote a specific product. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is taken from https://www.google.com/adsense/policies :

"We do not permit Google ads or search boxes accessing Google search services to be published on web pages that also contain what could be considered competing ads or services."

With that written, I think its right to take the merchant's ads off, isn't it?

on another note, I signed up and got approved, hope it would work out good, thanks guys!

ABW Ambassador
    They don't consider affiliate links as competing ads or services.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread