I have come across a few discussions elsewhere that Yahoo and Google will penalize you or maybe even remove your site for excessive affiliate links (i.e. click.linksynergy.com, etc.). I have up to 30 on my home page and it looks like I have just dropped from 25-0 on Yahoo.

I'm a newbie so this may be old hat to some. Do Google or Yahoo search for Linkshare or CJ links and then penalize you if they find them?

ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo have been known to penalize some affiliate sites after a manual review from what people have posted, so that happens sometimes. But Google and Yahoo would lose most of their index if they did away with sites just because they had affiliate links on them. Some searches would require them to have affiliates sites in the index. And they have no problem finding affiliate sites because they know what terms will bring them up and their crawlers and easily see affiliate links in the html. So they know there are plenty of them out there. For your situation, it could be just because you have a new site and it takes time sometimes to get in and stay in. I would just keep working, get some links in and just be patient.

Thanks and good points.

I was just curious if I should move my links to a second page, hide them, etc.

BTW, I signed up and got a free Kanoodle account but then they rejected me because my site was mostly affiliate links and banners. I would expect that maybe from DMOZ but not Kanoodle.

Thanks again.

ABW Ambassador
    "I was just curious if I should move my links to a second page, hide them, etc."

Don't think that will have any affect on anything. Just think it takes a little time to get in and stay in, lately it's been a little harder for new sites.

Consider yourself lucky getting rejected by Kanoodle. Heard nothing but bad things about them. You can do an ABW search on them, all bad.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread