Hey all,

Wondering if you can help me? I do some PPC ads on Overture and wanted to use a redirect script to have them stop at my site first, then be redirected through the CJ or LinkShare link or whatever, but I keep getting rejected because of site ownership.

On the landing page, I have placed a little paragraph that says something like who I am and how I am affiliated with this company.

I can't seem to get around it. Can anyone help??

Please????

ABW Ambassador
    How does it work? They get on your site and then are automatically redirected through the CJ or LS links or do they have to actually click the link?

My monthly ad spend is divided 95% Google / 5% Overture for this exact reason. Yahoo! higher-ups need to seriously reconsider this.

DN

I had the same problem. You can get through
    this by writing up a one page salesletter
    and then making the web visitor click onto
    your aff link. Overture definitely doesn't
    like redirects.

They get on the page and are redirected in 5 seconds....

Automatic redirects are not allowed, because theoretically, if you redirect to a relevant advertiser today, tomorrow or as soon as the ad is approved you could redirect to an irrelevant advertiser.

Quote Originally Posted by promosoft
    Automatic redirects are not allowed, because theoretically, if you redirect to a relevant advertiser today, tomorrow or as soon as the ad is approved you could redirect to an irrelevant advertiser.
    OK! But if i make page and then she is be approved, i make with cpanel redirect scripts redirection on over page! Is overture verify time of time approved page? Can be a problems with overture if we make this redirection...? Who know? Or who try?

if use meta redirection?

<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='1;url=http://www.cj.com'>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Please no one perform a Heimlich maneuver on this person when they choke on their cookie setting crapola.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

As it was pointed out, just because the site you are re-directing to today is relevant, there is no guarantee that as soon as it is approved, you'll keep that redirection to that site as soon as it is approved.

You can thank all of the bad eggs which used and abused irrelevant search results to direct to less than savory sites. Hmmmm, like White House dot COM, imagine the poor elementary kid who needs to do a report on the *REAL* White House, and brings the *OTHER* white house site up.

The only way around this was already mentioned, you need to create a page on YOUR domain which the visitor must initiate the click to go to the site that you want the visitor to go to, instead of attempting to re-direct to it automatically.

They may or may not go through and attempt to verify the site between bid changes, but do you want to take a chance that they do come back to your site and find that you've changed back from a pre-sales page to a re-direct page again, and have the account taken off-line, or worse? Do you want to 'forget' to make the site compliant before you make the next revisions to the bids, or the ads?

Selling the visitor before they click on the link can help to improve your conversion, *AND* makes sure that you stay within the affiliate program's rules for or against redirection as well.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread