I had a site with about 600 pages. My merchant went under so I replaced all those php pages with about 3500 html pages. 2 weeks ago, Google came and and ate up all 3500 pages in 2 days. Slam, bam, and outta there.

I considered this a good sign. Thought it meant an update was coming up. Well, an update hit us a day or two ago... and it hit me. Google was serving up my new stuff last week, now it is serving up the old php url's.

Is it still too early to tell what is going on?

Thanks
    Steve
    Deleted

Steve this latest Google update is a disaster to say the least. Everybody says "don't panic" but I am finding it hard not to as my Google traffic has literally ground to an abrupt halt. I'm hoping that once their spider does the rounds my pages will get some of their rankings back. Couldn't have happened at the worst time of the year. . And Merry Christmas to you too

I have a suggestion... I am not the person to do this. I don't have the know how.

If you are losing traffic. Someone else is getting the traffic. Maybe if someone sets up a page on ABW or somewhere where we could go and report what is happening. The page would have a form that asks what kind of site we have including a number of variables. Then we would tell if our traffic has gone up or down. This way, maybe we could see (using statistics) what google is really doing. Maybe we could see some sort of pattern.
    Deleted

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveinid:
    Google was serving up my new stuff last week, now it is serving up the old php url's.
    Steve <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which tends to suggest that me "they deleted their index cache and have rescinded to the last save point" is correct.

Remember - a lot of Google's info is just cached in memory on their servers - doesn't make it to a hard disk.

Doing an allinurl: shows over 3500 pages for my site. As a matter of fact... Just tonight the googlebot has been hitting my links pages and looking for my older php pages.

I guess I will know how it all turns out in a week or two.
    Deleted

Bad News ! Google Adsense is using CJ Ads.

Guess who gets the traffic and commission, It's Google !

I sign-up for a Adsense (Search) from Google,
    Guess what CJ Advertisers Ad is there with their own Advertiser.

Affiliates that use Google for page rank. Your Cookie is over written.

Bye Bye, No Commission for you, That's what happen to me for some few months until I found out today !

I'm going after other marketing , Google kills all of you being the TOP Affiliate at CJ !

Sayo na na..Guess who's can compete with a Giant and be a Giant Killer?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Yuppers...The CJ spyware data mining, topped with years of merchant and affiliate stats, grew into a affiliate competing group upon Value Clicks takeover. Google might have hired CJ to manage the Adwords placements to add a layer of smoke to the issue. The SEO/SEM touted ala-cart fee services I'm sure also wanders into the Befree pool of merchants too. Wonder if Poons Cookie Monster is seeing what's happening?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hip-Hop:
    Bad News ! Google Adsense is using CJ Ads.

Guess who gets the traffic and commission, It's Google !
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this new? Adsense has always featured affiliate ads. It has always been the case that these ads, if clicked through, will set or overwrite cookies with you getting a cut of the click and google getting the rest, leaving the cookie and possible sales commission with the affiliate sponsering the ad.

Are you saying that google is setting cookies for itself?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Are you saying Google is a CJ affiliate and they overwrite affiliate links and set their own affiliate cookie that pays Google?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Hip-Hop don't quite understand what you are trying to say. I agree with Cheesehead that Google AdSense has always shown affiliate ads, so if you have the code installed on your own pages the chances of losing a sale to the competition is always there. Any affiliate who uses AdWords gets a listing on sites with the AdSense code installed, so this is not new at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grumpy:
    Hip-Hop don't quite understand what you are trying to say. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sorry it's my mistake, thought it was Google that was putting CJ Ads for Google itself.

Bad News for you PID there, I'm going to click your $$$$ away, Ha Ha Thought about fair competition on (Think twice b4 going bidding for keywords) Yours Truly a PID Killer, I would suggest you do the same on Adsense, Sign-up for AdSense, and click away those $$$ I hate it when u put ur affiliate PID ad on Google! And I have such good sales b4!

Hip-Hop I do have AdSense installed on my site and it is a good source of revenue every month. Perhaps you should get an AdSense account yourself (if you don't already have one) but you never, ever, click on those ads yourself as Google will close your account chop-chop. As far Google's pay-per-click is concerned, I don't think you should blame affiliates who use that method of advertising for your own lack of sales. In case you are not aware of it, Google have just started a major update and this is probably the reason your sales are not what they used to be. Just like you, a lot of us are suffering because of it, so "hating" people who do use AdWords is a bit drastic don't you think?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grumpy:
    "hating" people who do use AdWords is a bit drastic don't you think? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I think so, I just can't think right at that moment, {All of the frustration,anger,jealous and god knows what ??????}

Know wat I even thought advertisers were playing us out. by having a cookie killer on their site to kill off the PID

Well it's as that anyway Merry Xmas & Happy Holidays (I think I need that to relax off)to you.

This season , guess i'll be satisfy with the $72.49 (5 sales), Have to change to other program which offers higher commission. Guess I just don't have that volume. And this is what i depend for now, hardly can get a job these days.
    (And for Google, I hardly believe one can earn from CPC, I just put it there for my own searching (searching my site that is),hardly click anyway - it just don't work out profit for the connection that i pay and the click $0.01)

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread