Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Since the major update the day before, google has been spidering my pages like crazy! I mean, it's like on a mission to eat em up completely as if it wasn't enough to stop sending the traffic. It's eaten up GIGABYTES of data from my sites in a matter of two days...

The big question - Why?
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Well to quote Buddha

"All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else."

Seems that maybe Buddha is making an influence on Google Meister.

Poop to you, Poopie to others.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Poopie Nubert:

Poop to you, Poopie to others. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does that mean?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

2 weeks before the update. Google ate up all 3500 of my new pages.

The update hit and I've lost about 30% of traffic.

Now, Google is back and eating up pages like crazy. It already has everything... but it is back again.

Don't know why and was wondering that myself.
    Deleted

Google's munching away at my pages as well. I've completely lost some pages (in google) on my main site, though oddly the home page is still ranking OK. I mean that high ranking searches I knew about that my home page had are pretty much OK. It's the subpages that are gone in many cases.

I don't know how much of this is the new algo, vs. the fact I was semi-down for a day last month due to my hosting provider botching an ISP move. My gut says it's the algo...
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

Since the update....

I've pretty much lost ALL google traffic (except for 1 keyword... thank god it's christmas-related).
    However, what I lost from google, i regained from Yahoo!?!

Next... Is the google dance actually over? Because google is showing SERPS of my site from subdomains which no longer exist (and google had already followed the 301's to the new locations yet now it started showing the OLD site again)

There is something very strange going on with Google. After 2 years and a lot of hard work I managed to get some really good listings but since the update I've literally been "Googled"!! The weird thing is that, each time you run a search, you seem to get a different result. Last night when I did a search for a particular keyword string I found two of my listings back on the first page. This morning I ran the same search and one of them had dropped back to page 6 - the other one just disappeared. Google used to account for around 70% of my traffic before the update - now I can count the number of referrals per day on one hand. Yahoo and MSN traffic has increased dramatically, but my best converting pages don't seem to have been picked up yet by these two. This is all extremely frustrating as it is definitely having a negative impact on sales.

Grumpy,

Welcome to the Google Boat, just rework your pages and figure the new algorithm. I too was hit, but back in August. Been dead at google since.. but I'm laughing all the way to the brick poop house.

Beside, I got my chest nuts roasting on the open fire, bill collectors nipping at my nose. Everybody knows a few lost sales and mistletoe help to make the season blight. yada yada yada...

But Merry Christmas to you and all.

Love

Poopie
    Just think of me as Poop on a Shingle
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

And a Merry Poopie Christmas to you too . I definitely won't lose any sleep over this for the next few days, but in the New Year I will try and think of a cunning plan to outsmart Google and get those rankings up again.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's eaten up GIGABYTES of data from my sites in a matter of two days... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dittos to that. I'm probably going to go over my bandwidth limit this month and it must be Googlebots doing it, cuz they sure haven't been sending humans in any great numbers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> just rework your pages and figure the new algorithm. ~Poopie Nubert <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the plan...whatever can be coded can also be DEcoded
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    One of my servers was down yesterday, I am told it is due to heavy load - Could it be the bot? I'll check now .. lol, won't be surprised if it's googlebot.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread