Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Crazy like a fox suzigeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,096
    I have a new site that enjoyed googles grace right off the bat 30-50 uniques a day and climbing...until today not one visitor

    Its a pr4, there is no funny business just a stright up site. I only get google traffic on this site. With my other sites its mixed w/most traffic from MSN & Yahoo!

    Anyone else's google traffic drop off today??
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    744
    You have been very fortunate to receive traffic from Google, especially for a new site! I hear that Google just did another update, and maybe your decline in traffic is a result of it.

  3. #3
    MasterMike HardwareGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,810
    yeah there was an update saturday night

  4. #4
    More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Land of The NFL Champs!
    Posts
    2,942
    No change for me - still 70% of my traffic gone, perhaps mostly google, with the other 30% being from yahoo.

    Suz~~GearGirl, did you have a drop in mid-December?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

  5. #5
    Crazy like a fox suzigeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,096
    This is a BRAND new site just a couple of weeks old. My traffic started with the last update! I must have put it up and got spidered right under the wire. I recieved 50 uniques yesterday...

    Today just one referal from google from something on my index page. My site:www.xxx.com shows 50 pages being indexed right now which isn't much but it was enough to send visitors.

    Oh well I guess I can't control the Universe!!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador Greg Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,889
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CheeseHead:
    No change for me - still 70% of my traffic gone, perhaps mostly google, with the other 30% being from yahoo.

    Suz~~GearGirl, did you have a drop in mid-December? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Only lost 70%? Do share your secrets! In March I lost about 90% on my main site from over 4000 uniques a day to about 400. In December, I lost about half of that down to around 200. In February I was working on my plan to quit my day j*b, now I struggle to pay my dedicated server bills and keep my head above break-even for my sites.

    Keep changing, trying new things, move on all the time is what we must do. Some changes resulted in Yahoo and MSN picking up some traffic and are the major referrers for some of my sites now. Google was the king of my sites but is now merely a footnote on incoming traffic.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

    Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

  7. #7
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    SuziGeek, it'll come back. Google was just teasing you a little bit Get any traffic from a 2 week brand new site, you're already doing better than most with new sites.

  8. #8
    ABW Ambassador Grumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,123
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SuziGeek, it'll come back. Google was just teasing you a little bit <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Trust I think you are being a bit optimistic that anything is going to come back anytime soon. There have been some strange shenanigans with the Big "G" since December 16th when it did a foul swoop on my site as well. I'm lucky if I get 3-4 Google referrals a day now (down from at least 400 a day) - fortunately MSN, Yahoo and a few other smaller SE's are taking up most of the slack now. Trouble with this is that my best concerting pages were on Google, so sales are taking a bad whack

  9. #9
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    "Trust I think you are being a bit optimistic"

    Grumpy, I think you are being a bit grumpy

    Gotta stay optimistic and just keep building. Time is better spent that way. Sometimes people take a Google hit and then later the traffic comes back. I have sites/pages that i haven't touched in 2 years and every now and then Google will throw it up on page 1 and then throw in back into oblivion. Nothing changed on the site or pages. Next month or 2 months from now you could be getting your best Google traffic ever. It can be a roller coaster sometimes, just gotta build thru it.

  10. #10
    Crazy like a fox suzigeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,096
    I guess in a way I'm lucky I don't have so much expectation invested since it is a new site.

    I don't know if my skin is thick enough to take such a huge hit 4000 down to 200...

    I thought it was a fluke the first few days but google kept sending people for the past couple of weeks...Since my first post I had 5 more visits so who knows -- a blip hopefully.

    Must learn to do cpc
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

  11. #11
    ABW Ambassador Grumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,123
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Grumpy, I think you are being a bit grumpy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    And to you too!

  12. #12
    ABW Ambassador Radegast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,978
    It has all the hallmarks of the dreaded Sandbox Effect...
    If it's in the sandbox, (if the sandbox exists outside my feverish imagination)it'll start getting traffic again in ca. 6 months.

  13. #13
    Crazy like a fox suzigeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,096
    Yeah I'm giving up...Those visitors I thought I had yesterday were robots....

    Tha saga continues.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

  14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Page Views have dropped badly since Christmas - Has yours?
    By boningroup in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: February 10th, 2010, 11:55 AM
  2. What to do with 1million page views...?
    By Eathan in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: November 5th, 2005, 12:32 PM
  3. What Are You Making Per Thousand Page Views
    By sweat in forum Voting Booth
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 13th, 2003, 05:19 AM
  4. Help with stats hits/page views
    By ccme in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 30th, 2002, 09:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •