Yesterday was pitiful. I checked some of my site logs and they weren't too bad as far as traffic was concerned. The traffic must of been earlier in the day. I checked my listings in MSN and Yahoo and both SE's beat me up bad. Traffic is almost non-existant now. What the hell happened? Did they both do a major update yesterday? Time for me to go a new direction and fast
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

MSN did something to me. I lost a bunch of traffic. I was getting huge traffic from them lately and then they dropped my best performing pages. I can only hope this is temporary. UGH!

Yes Yahoo and MSN have made a few changes but from what we hear it is a temporary thing. Things will be back to normal. well lets hope so atleast !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> MSN did something to me. I lost a bunch of traffic. I was getting huge traffic from them lately and then they dropped my best performing pages. I can only hope this is temporary. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Lets hope what Gold is hearing is true

Google hit me real hard about 2 weeks ago (all my best converting pages banished into Limbo!). So far MSN and Yahoo have been sending a lot of traffic my way, so if they pull a fast one too I may as well close up shop. Looks to me like the SE's are out to bury us one way or the other.

I'm feeling the same way Grumpy. I've been without Google the whole year, all of 2004 MSN and Yahoo made up for the loss. Where I am at right now I am in deep Sheet

I just called a company about an affiliate program they had listed on their site. Probably the worse conversation I ever had with anyone that runs a company. He said the affiliate program is over for the year??? I said WTF in a nice way of course do you mean? Some of the stuff you sell is year round. He said they just added a new shopping cart and haven't added the affiliate tracking part yet. Why didn't he say that to begin with. Then they have Wholesale all over the site. I asked him for a general idea on some of the prices just to get an idea. A rude SOB he was. Didn't want to give any info out at all. I was thinking of investing about 15,000 to try something and see how it worked out. The worse thing is they are the ones who have what I want. The company that makes them has a minimum order of 1100 pieces which would run over 30,000 which I'm not ready to dish out yet. Not a good day! I think it is time for a nap

Well Packster that looks like one company you definitely don't want to be doing business with. Hope you told him where to stick his affiliate program! Anyhow you have a nice nap and wake up refreshed with some good ideas. If you come up with something send me a PM and we can perhaps compare notes.

Grumpy,

I had a good nap and came up with a Great idea. I'm gonna go get drunk until I am Best idea I had in awhile

Have one on me!

My head hurts now Grumpy, maybe it wasn't one of my better ideas

Sorry to hear that Packster! Maybe you can now file a lawsuit against the SE's for pain and suffering as a direct result of their actions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaPackster:
    I'm feeling the same way Grumpy. I've been without Google the whole year, all of 2004 MSN and Yahoo made up for the loss. Where I am at right now I am in deep Sheet

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here!@#!

You think it's really temporary? I really hope so but why would they do this change?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I lost a ton on Yahoo recently but gained a ton on MSN. Algo change at Yahoo maybe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sorry to hear that Packster! Maybe you can now file a lawsuit against the SE's for pain and suffering as a direct result of their actions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I wonder who I can sue for how I will feel tomorrow. The New Year Baby???

Jack, I'm glad to hear you at least made out with MSN My traffic is down about 90% Ouch!

Let's not lose too much sleep over this as it's already turning DaPackster into an alcoholic! . Google et al. surely must sort out this crap soon or they're going to end up with some really irate onlne shoppers who are not finding the results they are looking for, and will end up using other SE's. There are always the small guys like Altavista, Excite, Dogpile, etc. who also provide quite a significant amount of traffic (at least for me anyway). Take heart that things will change for the better. Happy New Year everyone

Lol Grumpy, I'm not quite at the alcoholic stage yet. Lot's of pratice will make perfect though

OK, Enough already Temporary is over now. Time fo MSN and Yahoo to get back to the old listings. I consider their experiment Over, Voided and Nulled. Think this will work

Over the last 30 days my traffic is down to 10% of what I started 2004 with.

maybe I should have kept the day job. time to work on the vendor site and get an affiliate program up and running.

One thing I find interesting. I have been recieving 3 to 10 link requests a day, with my site already linked from the requesters site.

Maybe the new inbound links will do me some good.

John
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

lol..same thing is happenin to me. first coupla weeks of january things seemed ok, down a bit from december which was i thought was a normal thing. then things started to get awry...after the 15th. traffic has been getting lower and lower.

I need a swift kick in the ass to get motivated. I've worked on a few old pages but haven't made any new ones in quite some time. Everytime I go to start a new page I just sit there dumb founded wondering what the hell to do. I am totaly lost right now. I've viewed probably a million, maybe a trillion top sites trying to come up with a reason or connection and I am totally stumped. I'm so stumped right now I can't even find the smiley faces here at ABW, lmao so add Banging head HERE and Crying smiley HERE ; )

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread