You all might want to check your Zappos links.
    This is wierd, I have a site that sells small size shoes for Zappos. I have a redirect link to page 1 of 12 for shoes in size 5. This works just fine but when you click page 2 (on zappos site the link goes to a different page. Instead of page 2 of shoes in size 5 it goes to a page with all of Zappos shoes for women.(Many of wich are not made in size 5.
    Now you would think this is a Zappos problem but according to Jack at Zappos it is a CJ problem.
    If you go directly to zappos, do search by size choose womens size 5 you get the the same 12 pages of results. click on page 2 and it works fine. But if you go in through a affiliate link
    clickink page 2 brings up some other page.
    This is happining all over Zappos not just womens size 5.
    CJ has been informed and say it should be fixed in 72 hours.
    Just thought Zappos affiliates here at ABW might want to keep a eye on this and check your own links.
    Bob

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If CJ just would set the damn tracking cookie and keep their data mining grubby paws off the clickstream info this never would happen. Anyone wonder why Norton blocks CJ?

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Well right now I know it is costing me sales

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

quote:
    If CJ just would set the damn tracking cookie and keep their data mining grubby paws off the clickstream info this never would happen. Anyone wonder why Norton blocks CJ?

Mike, it would e great if you kept your thoughts (a.k.a. conspiracy therories) to yourself. This is nothing more than misinformation and your comments provide no value.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd
    Will you please check into the origional problem that I mentioned. PM me and I will give you the URL of my site so you can see what's happining.
    PS this is not just happining on the one site I can give you the URL's of 20 other sites that are having the same problem.
    Thanks
    Bob

GEE guess not

Robert,

You posted that the issue was being corrected. What more do you want me to do?

FYI - I usually do not investigate specific publisher issues. I am here to address issues or concnerns that affect the network as a whole.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd
    I was just saying the 72 hours is up and the problem is still happining.

I suggest you contact Jack again since he manages the program and should have information on what is occuring and when it will be corrected.

FYI - the problem sounds like it is on Zappos' end in how they handle certain parameters in the URL string that we pass them. Appears that their search functionality can't handle the additional values.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Robert,

You shouldn't smoke in here. I thought this was is a non smoking forum. Haiko?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

LOL ..."Mike, it would be great if you kept your thoughts (a.k.a. conspiracy therories) to yourself. This is nothing more than misinformation and your comments provide no value.

LOL ..."FYI - I usually do not investigate specific publisher issues. I am here to address issues or concnerns that affect the network as a whole."

Without my Conspiracy theories occassionally getting some network action, even if it's just to hide the evidence trail, we'd all be driving blindly down the commission highway. Not everyone assumes site copiers, clickstream data mining, privacy and identity theft info peddlers, Duper spammers, ID# swapping BHO traffic hijackers, on/off cart reporting switches are just Webmaster Mike conspiracy theories any longer.

I could retire from ranting if JUST ONCE the networks came foeward and announced these activities before they were proven to be truths, not conspiracy theories. Till then me and Charlie will be watching for every sleezy move by the Ad Whores to run the small site owner out of business.

Throw us all a bone Todd and convience CJ/BeFree/ValueClick to publish a simple honest merchant average conversion ratio stat like a stock exchange ticker display. You above all gotta know anything else is just smoke and mirror crap. I say this would be the easiest report CJ ever had to impliment as long as they required all commissions to be generated by a click. ( watch out for that loaded statement)

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Mike,

quote:
    Throw us all a bone Todd and convience CJ/BeFree/ValueClick to publish a simple honest merchant average conversion ratio stat like a stock exchange ticker display. You above all gotta know anything else is just smoke and mirror crap. I say this would be the easiest report CJ ever had to impliment as long as they required all commissions to be generated by a click. ( watch out for that loaded statement)
    Keep changing the topic Mike, one day you'll get it right. But, to address your question, what is wgrong with EPC metrics? Don't they help show the ability to convert traffic to sales?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Everyday I come to ABW to check and make sure I don't understand a word Mike says. If I start to understand I know I need to take a day off and get ahold of my self.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    ROFL, yes that is well put Connie

I got just the answer I expected. Nothing more or less.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    Everyday I come to ABW to check and make sure I don't understand a word Mike says. If I start to understand I know I need to take a day off and get ahold of my self.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

< !-- BEGIN sarcasm -->
    Here is the math!

- 8000 posts in 2 years
    - 4000 posts per year
    - 333 posts per month
    - 11 posts per day

Word frequency:
    BHO - 1,123,456 times
    Whore - 675,321 times
    Duper - 900,567 times

Very soon ABW will show up in Google SERP as #1 for the word "whore".
    < !-- END sarcasm -->

With all those posts, how come Mike don't have none of them little dots under his duck picture?

I like conspiracy theories, I've found that about half of them are actually true when it comes to politics and the other half are only there to discredit the first half!

As for the bad attitude towards the oldest profession (equal in status to our politicians), this is a sign of integrity which results in the text below the duck, which represents honesty? Just imagine how boring this forum would be without Mike!

I for one love and appreciate free speech AND smoking! I think maybe Todd has spent too much time in NYC and California (exhaust fumes ya know). Now they want to outlaw smoking on websites?? Next thing you know, they'll have a no dipping or chewing rule while surfing the web.

Hang in there Mike, tell em what ya really think! The worst part about having free speech is puttin up with everybody else having it too! Use it or lose it.

Nothing less than 10% comm, 30 day cookies and unlimited occurences!

Well the problem is fixed
    It did turn out to be a CJ problem and NOT a Zappos problem.
    But I thank you CJ for fixing the problem as I had the best day I have had in over 2 weeks.

Quote from Todd.
    "FYI - the problem sounds like it is on Zappos' end in how they handle certain parameters in the URL string that we pass them. Appears that their search functionality can't handle the additional values."

quote:
    Originally posted by RoadKill:
    Next thing you know, they'll have a no dipping or chewing rule while surfing the web.

Once I saw a keyboard, a half of which didn't work due to a coffee leakage. The other half was covered with ketchup and potato chips. The owner said the printer wouldn't print. How would it, it was buried under cigarette butts and ash. I told the owner to X-Ray the printer. Then he asked me if they do such a thing......
    So, there must be a rule against dipping and chewing! Somebody do something! Lonestar!
    P.S.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread