Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    ok, i have started a new site with a friend, so we decided to use his commission junction account so as not to confuse my earnings with his.
    well today i logged in, and apparently we have been deactivated probably because there has been no sales, as the site is brand new (but account was opened a while back) but no email or anything to tell me what is going on!??
    so i then go and apply for a new account, and i get this email from cj

We regret to inform you that your application for a publisher
    account in the Commission Junction network has been denied
    due to ineligibility for membership.

Only bona fide business customers may apply and Commission Junction
    reserves the right to reject any application that does not meet
    reasonable Internet business standards, as such standards may
    evolve over time.

help!!!!
    I have a new database driven site with 70,000's of links going no place!!! (these are still going to the merchants!! )

*** And people say I'm just a housewife!!! ha ha ***

Call CJ, and talk to them.

I know this sounds simplistic, but what are your other choices?

Apollo

ABW Ambassador
    Yes call them and get to the bottom of this.

You are well-known and well-established, there must have been some kind of mistake.

------------------------------
    "It's nice to be on the banned book list...or banned from anything...it means people fear you" ~ Fred Conquest

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Tamalyn,

Don't feel like the lone ranger. I just got deactivated too!

I have never made any sales, only use the account for research but CJ knows this and one other time they deactivated me I just called and they set me back up. But I don't think they work on Sunday and I need to do some research in CJ today.

Kinda funny, at 1st I thought, OK I'll just use ask a question and submit a support ticket - but once you are deactivated you can't do anything I guess except call on Monday.

I feel bad that you have links out there and are losing money. I just don't know of anything you can do until Monday.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Considering the source of this rejection notice, who thinks any clown with the application startup fee automatically qualifies for merchant status, some RED FLAGS sure go up. Publishers get refused entry or banned by some very underhanded reasons. To my knowlege no one has come to ABW complaining about getting banned, who wasn't bending the rules to pad their pockets at the detriment of the network and the merchants.

"We regret to inform you that your application for a publisher account in the Commission Junction network has been denied
    due to ineligibility for membership."

What makes an affiliate ineligable???

Only bona fide business customers may apply and Commission Junction reserves the right to reject any application that does not meet
    reasonable Internet business standards, as such standards may evolve over time.

Curious minds want to know why CJ would make this statement when they obviously allow theftware BHO incent operators to pose as good affiliate netizens.

"help!!!! ...I have a new database driven site with 70,000's of links going no place!!! (these are still going to the merchants!! )"

Are you doing something with those datafeed weapons that is fraudulent or misrepresentative to both the shopper and the merchants?? Someone sure has hoisted a red flag on some part of your tricks-for-clicks ploy.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Me too, yesterday, they must be doing a sweep.

I had joined a long time ago and never used them, but funny thing is I had only just started putting up links to them a few weeks ago and was just preparing to start promoting some of the furniture merchants heavily.

Charlie must be ornery again and doing the typing today.

Charlie said:
    "Are you doing something with those datafeed weapons that is fraudulent or misrepresentative to both the shopper and the merchants?? Someone sure has hoisted a red flag on some part of your tricks-for-clicks ploy."

Charlie how can you accuse this affiliate of doing something wrong unless you have seen their site and who says they are using tricks for clicks?

The last time I got deactivated I tried to set up a different account just to get in a get some work done. It said the same thing to me!
    I think that is a standard message they give EVERYONE if your account is deactivated and you try to set up a 2nd one.

I also guess that message is set up for the typical person that gets deactivated. The type that join and never get around to even trying to make money. The type that are not even really affiliate marketers, they join and never do anything. If you read the rejection notice in that light it makes sense.

Since we both got notices today though makes me wonder if there was a glitch. Or is Sunday just house cleaning day?

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans

Mine could have happened yesterday too. Didn't need to go in the publisher door for anything yesterday so don't know when I was deactivated.

If I didn't need to do research today for a new potential client - I would think it was kinda funny - me being deactivated.

Linda to my knowlege, coming from being a former CJ merchant, all merchnats automatically get a full blown affiliate account too. This is for testing creatives and verifying tracking from test purchases done by the merchant AM. From the original post it seems this account would automatically get the 60-90 day "no sales" flagging as a new account. Maybe it is a glitch in their auto rejection script or from the sounds of the rejection notice someone at CJ reviewed the site or was alerted to some publisher TOS infringements. I sure hope the original poster comes here and explains in full the situation so it can be resolved with ABW pressure ...if need be.

I was #910 at CJ and a few hundred thousand have joined since. Never got a CJ ban notice for any activity on my part.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Dang! If I didn't have one good CJ merchant that I have had for a long time, and if I didn't have a whole bunch of old CJ pages floating around out there, somewhere, I would just deactivate them.

They must be crazzy. And, you want to trust your income to crazzy people? I don't.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Mike, I don't think this has anything to do with any infringements. These were deactivation notices for lack of sales. Her site is new and did not make enough sales to qualify. My account had never made any sales because I don't even try. If your account is deactivated they won't let you sign up for a new account and the notice she got is the standard notice.

FYI Irvs is the merchant and they have a publisher account for testing - but I don't know the password. Never needed it because I have always had my own publisher account. I have one because I work with several CJ merchants so need my own private account.

What I would like to know is when did they discontinue the deal where they charge you if you have not made enough sales so you can keep your account open. This is what the 1st poster needed. I'm sure she would gladly pay to keep the account open until she starts to make sales.

The fact that they pull the plug on someone that has that many active links without so much of a warning email makes NO SENSE at all.
    They should have sent us all a warning email before deactivation.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe Monday morning Mike will issue an apology to Tamalyn for his misguided, inflammatory remarks. Or maybe not. Je**s H. Chr**t Almighty Mike!

"Beware the man who preaches respect for you but does not demonstrate it. Ask him to show his face before you bare your back to his blade." ~ George Hayduke

ABW Ambassador
    thanks guys, it was probably deactivated yesterday too, as I have not checked for a few days, due to the bad flu thing going around here!!! last thing i needed was this.

i definately have not done anything wrong!!! so EcomCity.com you are completely out of order there! I have my own account that runs fine and i only make pocket money, and do not use any pay to advertise search engines or nothing.

I live in the uk, so its not that easy just to ring up (my husband would have a fit!! he he)
    if you could let me know the phone number, my friend will ring up tomorrow, just let me know what time zone cj is in too)

Thanks everyone, I hope they reactivate it, or I will have to try joining again with a different email address,

making me feel like a felon!

Tamalyn and Linda thanks for the clearing up the automatic notification proceedure. Tayalyn started this thread with this confusing statement...

"ok, i have started a new site with a friend, so we decided to use his commission junction account so as not to confuse my earnings with his.
    well today i logged in, and apparently we have been deactivated probably because there has been no sales, as the site is brand new....."

Add in some more confusion as I, and most folks here do not know anything about Tamalyn or Chief-Beef ......

Chief_Beef said: "You (Tamalyn) are well-known and well-established, there must have been some kind of mistake.

Tamalyn adds more confusion by saying ..."I have my own account that runs fine and i only make pocket money, and do not use any pay to advertise search engines or nothing." Yet according to Chief_Beef she is a real well-established player in affiliate circles.

Linda adds in she doesn't know her automatic CJ assigned publisher account password, which is flagged for testing links and sales tracking to NEVER Expire or get terminated.

Tamalyn will get her friends new account problems addressed on Monday and pays no penality in the SERPs for whacking out 70,000 pages of SE fodder upon launch day.

Linda can download www.roboform.com and handle all her usernames/passwords with ease and test purchase her merchant links weekly like all good AM's do.

Chief_Beef can continue being a big carp for the "master baiter" and reminds me of those Ex Wang Labs and DEC Boston area management types who turn red with rage when I wink at them at Comdex events. Seems they helped trashed their huge Computer Companies by not listening to my advice on adopting Microsoft/IBM's vision in destop computing into their product lines.

The thread was and still is open for comments on how any ABW affiliate can keep from getting their CJ account deactivated. A real kiss of death issue here!

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    i am very well established!! thanks,

i make enough money for me not to work, as I have 3 young children (my pocket money) yet not as much as alot of people here!!!!

i have been registered on this message baord since sept 02, yet have been an affiliate for cj alot longer.

and i said 70,000 links not pages!! slight difference.

Maybe I did not clarify myself properely in my first post, but all the other posters seemed to understand me, why not you MIKE??
    why do you automatically think I was doing something wrong? I visit this message board every day to learn new things, not to become a parasite!

My account got deactivated yesterday,too. Must be a general program sweep. I wonder how many ABW members got the boot all total?

Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)

I didn't receive any email about it either.

Jeeeeez Mike you are either a word twister today or none of us communicates very well!

I know my own publisher account password and password for every merchant account I work with. I don't need roboform. Sheeesh. What I said is IRVS - THE MERCHANT has a publisher account that I do not know the password for since I am NOT the merchant. I am their consultant. I have never had to use it because I HAD always had my own personal account.

I do all my research in my PERSONAL CJ account. I would never use IRVS publisher account to join DP or RL or do research on other clients with my Irvs account. With my private account I can test links and newsletters for all my clients or any new potential clients at the same time.

You are definately the Master Baiter!

Haven't had time to read this thread - I'm at a friend's and just stole the PC for a few minutes.
    Glad I'm not the only one. Just spent two days building a site for Irv's Luggage, and now I'm deactivated.
    You can't contact them, any attempt to contact them is rejected with a message to login and use the online resources.
    Can't login because I'm deactivated...
    Go figure...

ABW Ambassador
    Mike you are truly two in a million.

Tamalyn has never done anything to harm or bother anybody yet you flagrantly attack her, acting without any knowledge or information, but with a host of assumptions of dark-side derring-do.

Try being more of a man than a parrot for once.

"Beware the man who preaches respect for you but does not demonstrate it. Ask him to show his face before you bare your back to his blade." ~ George Hayduke

ABW Ambassador
    Remember the relatively recent changes at CJ about inactive publishers? The no sales in 6 months rule? Sounds like this is what it is - once a month CJ must have something automated that culls through all accounts to see if the account has made a sale at somepoint in the last six months. If not, seems like that automated account deactivation occurs.

I remember Tood once said that if it happens to you you should be able to contact them (call them up) to get everything re-instated.

Jim

Radegast,

That totally sucks! I will help you if I can.
    Email me your account details - Publisher name and account Id. (I know your real name but can't remember if that is also your publisher name.)

When I call CJ on Monday I'll see if there's anything I can do to get your account back up too. I know it would be expensive to call from UK.

email me direct a linda AT catalystemarketing.com

Maybe Todd will show up and tell us this was just a glitch. I'm going call CJ as a merchant to raise holy hell for deactivating publishers without warning and with NO recourse to get re-instated. Last I heard they were charging publishers who did not have enough sales - NOT just cancelling them without warning.

What happened to giving people a chance???

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Last I heard they were charging publishers who did not have enough sales - NOT just cancelling them without warning.

Hi Linda,

From CJ's changes earlier this year, I thought that publishers who didn't have a sale in 6 months would have their accounts deactivated unless they like paid CJ $10 per month or something like that.

While I can understand CJ culling through inactive publishers, I thought when they started the whole thing that 6 months was way too short of time period - real potential to throw out too many babies with the dirty bathwater.

But Todd did mention that publishers who contact CJ should be able to sneak back into the network without much hassle - and hopefully with the same PID number, too.

Jim

Chief_Beef has spoken from the darkside cave..."Mike you are truly two in a million.

Tamalyn has never done anything to harm or bother anybody yet you flagrantly attack her, acting without any knowledge or information, but with a host of assumptions of dark-side derring-do...Try being more of a man than a parrot for once."

Mike & Charlie ...

This bothers me. I am reading and reading, and based on what is being conveyed here today, and what was said in the not so distant past, I am coming to conflicting conclusions.

What is the story? I thought if you made no sales in six months you can remain active by paying a fee. Looks like a few in this thread thought that too.

Now it seems people are being deactivated out of the blue!

I want to know exactly what the criteria is for deactivation in CJ as I am spending some valuable time redoing my site ( looking good I might add ) and would not be happy if all of a sudden I was deactivated. I don't like these kind of surprises.

What is CJ's set criteria ( do they have one?) on deactivating accounts. Can you pay to stop from being deactivated or what????

Guess I will be making a call tomorrow myself.

"The most successful con artist will have you believing he is the most ethical person you will ever know."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast