I figured i would post it here too, from the Midnight Forum

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1706659,00.asp

WhenU Press Release about it:
    http://www.whenu.com/press_release_04_10_27.html

Seems WhenU has a new CEO: Bill Day, co-founder and CEO of About.com

Aluria also powers AOL's anti-spyware product

I wonder how all that works out.

I think we all knew Jamie was a ....

Getting back to the issue here though, this is an ever emerging trend and as it is it is hurting affiliates more and more! The trend is the mis qualifications and use of the terms ...

adware, spyware and parasiteware

We all know spyware is bad and that is what has the major limelight from legislators and major companies, so if a company like claira, whenu or anyone else is deemed spyware free that doesn't help us because they are still parasitic and for us to do something about it it would almost be like double jeopardy (being tried twice for the same crime) because consumers don't know the difference, shoot many merchants neither, between adware, spyware and parasiteware.

Think about it!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    These liberal thinking Adwhore idiots are in for some real surprises now the Republicans control the White House -House of Representitives -Senate and the Supreme Court. Not one grey are will remain when that 399 to 1 Spyware bill vote gets some real teeth as thievery of any kind will get whacked just like all the Jehadis.

Hear me loud and clear all you IAB/DMA lurkers pulling the strings of your Network exec puppets....Perps walks are coming and you'll learn the consumers call the shots in all your boardrooms. They desire your drive-by installs ,deceptive bundling and hijacking-trashing of their systems cease as a ebiz plan. MERCHANTS -Fire all the network insider AM's and stop this thievery of your Ad budgets now!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >These liberal thinking Adwhore idiots are in
    >for some real surprises now the Republicans
    >control the White House -House of
    >Representitives -Senate and the Supreme
    >Court.

Oncek again, Mike conveniently forgets that 180 Solutions is a GoP campaign donater.

Look's like 4 more years of stolen affiliate revenue for us!

ABW Ambassador
    Watch spyware be beaten and adware legitmized.

And watch the same group have no idea they have been hoodwinked, yet again.

Aluria used to be a good outfit back when it was just Matt and Jamie running the show, but I think it all started to go horribly wrong when Missy Ward got involved.

Of course Missy teamed up with spammer Scott Richter, so her ethical stance (or lack of it) is pretty clear. She certainly "turned around" Aluria too.

This latest thing is just another example of how a good company can turn bad.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

ABW Ambassador
    That missy ward thread was classic, stupidity just foaming out of her mouth, but yet she continues.

Of course the funny in the thread, with them breaking forum rules etc - was compounded by them getting lauren to come in with her broken english and disrupt the thread to try and help them spin. Tells you a little something about both parties there...

And of course aluria is spyware stopper to AOL. I think it is time to make noise to AOL about their choice of spyware/adware stopper.

Chet

Hey, for all we know Aluria's decision about WhenU was prompted by AOL!
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

ABW Ambassador
    JP, A funny speculation but since AOL partners with UPromise and promtes them to all their members, I seriously doubt it. The question would be IMO did aluria qualify UPromise and their shopping companion as spyware and was that potentially a factor in Auria being used in the first place?

I would imagine that UPromise will in fact be lobying with AOL to put further pressure on aluria to not do - what they have done.

The only thing these articles say is WhenU chooses for PR they dumped the spyware portion of their commission theftware. With thousands of spyware clickstream profiling info peddlers, from the likes of all online Ad agencies to our CJ/LS/Performics networks and various Dupers cutting the privacy info price, WhenU makes more from Ad and cookie setting popups.

Whos this Missy character? Does she define the meaning of an Adwhore? Hey you spyware/adware lurkers seeking good PR endorsement, Charlie has a seal of approval you can buy for $10,000 under the counter.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Angry
    News break as Whenu so far up Aluria's butt they take community dumps on every affiliate enabled merchant to grace BF -LS -CJ and Performics. Take a look at this WhenU install- http://www.pricebandit.com/Pbandit and pull down the merchant list bar to find fellow ABW merchants. Root core of this theftware is COUPONS. I thought BF -CJ and Linkshare booted WhenU form their networks for multiple violations of the TOS -Cof C and Adendum...

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    News break as Whenu so far up Aluria's butt they take community dumps on every affiliate enabled merchant to grace BF -LS -CJ and Performics. Take a look at this WhenU install- http://www.pricebandit.com/Pbandit and pull down the merchant list bar to find fellow ABW merchants. Root core of this theftware is COUPONS. I thought BF -CJ and Linkshare booted WhenU form their networks for multiple violations of the TOS -Cof C and Adendum...
    I think I've dropped all but 4 or 5 on that list and knew they were bug friendly except for Shoes.com. I am really, really disappointed to see them on the list. Maybe that's one of the reasons our sales for them have totally tanked.

And I thought that the networks had given WhenU the boot too but it looks like CJ, LS and BeFree just can't live without them.

ABW Ambassador
    Seems they only boot what affects the customer and may get them in trouble with an aggressive AG. But if it just screws us or the clueless merchants? They are all for it, it is like printing money for them and who cares if the merchant overpays or other affiliates get screwed, there is money to be printed...

So coupons are evil again? :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by infoTim
    So coupons are evil again? :-)
    http://www.pbtoolbar.com/index.html?src=PBTB0100

SaveNow attacks all domain bound affiliates and gets installed by every evil means in the book with proof at Ben's Site. Now the bundle includes Pricebandit COUPON toolbar specifically made to whack the couponer sites as the networks autofeed the bugger with Coupon & rebate offers 24/7. Your basic 2Fer one slimeware secretly supported by many ABW merchants who know WhenU was booted from LS CJ and other networks.

Ms.B and Ben should do a detailed study on this one's theftware action as we try and figure how Linkshare or CJ allowed them elite Super affiliate status!!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread