I received this e-mail today from CJ:
    ejruss
    ---------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: You are receiving this legal notice via email because you have a publisher account in the Commission Junction network. This email serves as advance notification that your Publisher Service Agreement with Commission Junction, Inc. will be transferred to ValueClick, Inc. upon the completion of the merger transaction between Commission Junction, Inc. and ValueClick, Inc.

----------------------------------------------------

Dear XXXXX,

By now you know the exciting news that Commission Junction is joining forces with ValueClick. This next stage in our growth allows us to provide you with an unparalleled range of resources and capabilities for all of your online marketing needs.

As we prepare for the finalization of this acquisition, we are providing you with this notice pursuant to Section 10.6 of the Publisher Service Agreement that the Publisher Service Agreement shall transfer to ValueClick, Inc. upon the completion of the acquisition process. You do not need to take any action. If you have questions about the transfer of the PSA, see the instructions below for contacting us.

We at Commission Junction are all looking forward to working with you in our continued successful partnership. As always, if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me or anyone on the Commission Junction Leadership Team.

Jeff Pullen
    President & CEO
    Commission Junction

--------------------------------

Not sure what it means, but this can't be good news ...

----- -----
    Opportunity knocks but once ... then runs off and hides behind the shrubbery.

As a merchant, we received a similar message while back. Basically, it is serving the fact that there is another party that is taking an interest in your service agreement. Take to the legal group but it is more a formal step in the process of merging two companies. I don't think anyone could possibly interpret anything from the email that will tell us anything meaningful that we don't already "not know".

Then again, I have been amazed before. I guess the challenge is out there for someone to twist this into a conspiracy theory... Just kidding everyone.

I am as eager as anyone else to see what happens in three-to-six months.... it is almost like a jail sentence to wait and see.

Predictions:

More sales, but lower commissions, longer wait to be paid. Care to guess who comes out ahead on those terms?

More fly-by-night programs disguised as legitimate opportunities. Bigger, louder, more annoying ads everywhere. More spam for everyone.

Less convenient, harder to use interface ... but at least it will work equally poorly in all browsers.

Looks like VC has their eyes set on being the MS of e-commerce. "You vill deal vit us, or you vill do nuthing!"

Too bad. CJ had such promise, once upon a Minnesota morning ...

----- -----
    Opportunity knocks but once ... then runs off and hides behind the shrubbery.

what we need is for shareslae to get their s**t to gether in a hurry. By that mean get some of the CJ quality merchants.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread